Middle Tennessee @ FIU 6:30 pm Live Audio TV:beIN Sports

SATURDAY10.13.18

UAB @ Rice 12 p.m. TV:ESPN+
Southern Miss @ North Texas 1 p.m. TV:ESPN3
WKU @ Charlotte 2:30 p.m. TV:ESPN+
Marshall @ Old Dominion 2:30 p.m. TV:Stadium
Louisiana Tech @ UTSA 6 p.m. TV:ESPN+

Middle Tennessee @ FIU 6:30 pm Live Audio TV:beIN Sports
I know a lot of cable and dish packages no longer carry beIN sports. What's the best option to subscribe for a week to watch the game?

Is it my imagination or are fewer C-USA (and MT) games available this year on usual cable/satellite/broadcast channels? It seems as if for the previous few years I could catch 90% of MT games somewhere. This year; not so much.

Reactions: Raiderclyde
CUSA Standing after week six

Do6YEHcU4AAsNnb.jpg

Is it my imagination or are fewer C-USA (and MT) games available this year on usual cable/satellite/broadcast channels? It seems as if for the previous few years I could catch 90% of MT games somewhere. This year; not so much.

I’ve noticed that too with the Stadium channel which is 58.2 (WNAB locally) or whatever number it corresponds with cable and satellite operators. That network carry more sports news features or Patriot League games on listings vs C-USA. Seems like transition from cable/OTA to streaming is occurring with our conference’s media package. There’s never seems to be a problem watching P-5 teams around the dial. Be-in sports is not widely circulated. Facebook is novel concept for sports, but not sure how ratings look. CBS Sports is first class and good production, but has few games. (Glad for ours last week).

Disappointed overall with the C-USA package—it’s a hodgepodge where one has to be estute to find us. That doesn’t speak well for our conference or the national brand recognition of MT athletics.

There is no national brand for MT FB. Let’s try to win Murfreesboro

I know winning cures many ills, but never quite understood why can’t we pattern ourselves toward becoming like a Virginia Tech or Syracuse in our sports branding as a medium or long term goal? We’re still lot closer to our old OVC roots rather than national branding I alluded. Yes, Winning Murfreesboro is a formidable challenge from what I see with school spirit on many game days.

That’s the main point: MTmust be more deliberate and consistent, and it starts by continuing our winning ways in conference this year with an outright championship that we’ve been without since the OVC in 1992. Basically, need to go undefeated in conference to get a whiff of national branding or be ranked in top 25. It holds true in basketball where we also saw what a late season Marshall and USM loss does after being ranked for first time vs what P-5 teams may withstand to make NCAA’s. Other conferences seem to withstand body of work losses better and our conference leadership is not really helping with hodgepodge offerings and vague perceptions if we are to matter in winning Murfreesboro and the nation. Favorable Perception is the currency we are precariously short.

There is no national brand for MT FB. Let’s try to win Murfreesboro

I know winning cures many ills, but never quite understood why can’t we pattern ourselves toward becoming like a Virginia Tech or Syracuse in our sports branding as a medium or long term goal? We’re still lot closer to our old OVC roots rather than national branding I alluded. Yes, Winning Murfreesboro is a formidable challenge from what I see with school spirit on many game days.

That’s the main point: MTmust be more deliberate and consistent, and it starts by continuing our winning ways in conference this year with an outright championship that we’ve been without since the OVC in 1992. Basically, need to go undefeated in conference to get a whiff of national branding or be ranked in top 25. It holds true in basketball where we also saw what a late season Marshall and USM loss does after being ranked for first time vs what P-5 teams may withstand to make NCAA’s. Other conferences seem to withstand body of work losses better and our conference leadership is not really helping with hodgepodge offerings and vague perceptions if we are to matter in winning Murfreesboro and the nation. Favorable Perception is the currency we are precariously short.

I understand how you feel. We are talking FB, so But only a few (Boise, Houston and UCF) seem to survive a loss.

I BB we still haven’t made a run like VCU, or Butler. We won 2 first rounds games. I loved the wins and the attention but it’s not enough to get where we’d like to go.

You're not going to win over even Murfreesboro if the average fan can't flip through their cable dial and find the game. Absolutely the crappiest TV package we've ever had. I thought C-USA was going to give us "better platforms" to share our product.

Reactions: Raiderclyde
Gotta be top 25 to get Joe sports fan's attention. Most people view anything less as not worth their time.

Last edited:
You're not going to win over even Murfreesboro if the average fan can't flip through their cable dial and find the game. Absolutely the crappiest TV package we've ever had. I thought C-USA was going to give us "better platforms" to share our product.

Our radio coverage is just as poor after losing WMOT 89.5. The flagship station gets static and weak reception before leaving western and southwest city limits of Murfreesboro at night. Like WGNS for Murfreesboro fine, but it’s inadequate coverage for listeners of a FBS university—even the FM simulcast frequency translators. WDUC FM is not as strong in the south central counties of Middle Tennessee, particularly in cities of Lewisburg, Columbia, Pulaski, and Lawrenceburg areas. WDUC is great in Coffee, Franklin, Bedford, and Moore counties and only OK in Lincoln, Warren, and Grundy.

Last edited:
I thought Judy was going to save us from this. Where has she been?

I'm not sure anyone said she was going to be a savior. I would bet the Presidents who selected her didn't even think that or that she was even the best person for the job. They selected her to virtue signal to all their academic peers that they had chosen the first and only female FBS conference commissioner. The results/bottom line apparently don't matter to these university presidents.

At both cusa championship games at WKU, I met Judy and she is introverted as hell. She couldn't wait to get out of there. Super awkward. Her entourage was just as unfriendly and more than a tad snobby. I was taken aback by it to be honest. When you have absent and distant leadership, you end up with stagnation and lack of vision which is what we have now.

I think MT needs to focus on the Boro and build a party environment. Make it be a social deal where the Mayor, councilmen/women are asked to be there and setup affordable pre-setup tailgating parties for the casual fans to intermingle and build the party environment. There are plenty of ways to do this that our AD staff simple isn't doing. The game environment is improving but the marketing isn't. I tried to tell them this stuff 10 years ago and was shut down so for me, I've stopped trying to to solve their ineffective methods of outreach and communication. I simply go to the games and have fun.

Reactions: Blueraider_Mike
To get back on point to this thread, I think USM might make a run at UNT and possibly beat them. If that happens, UNT is out of the conference race. They are literally fighting for survival now. UAB is next week. I think they will drop 1 of those games. Losing to USM and beating UAB would throw the west into an even greater tailspin.

LaTech going down to UTSA is no picnic either. UTSA could upset them too. That would put UNT back in it but would give UAB a wider range. Crazy year and I love it.

It just didn't get deleted from two weeks ago. It was on the game notes last week too.

I got an Game Day Guide e-mail yesterday which clearly stated the game was on BeIN sports and was not available on Direct, Comcast, or U-Verse but was on Dish. No mention of Charter/Spectrum which is, among other carriers, the option in parts of the mid-state. Regardless, I was glad to see the effort to let fans know where they can't see the game.

It's sad how poor our media relations and fan outreach is. I don't know just who is in charge of insuring that the media has correct information (Tennessean often had incorrect information days before a game and it is never changed) but they are doing a poor job. Even GoBlueRaiders.com often has incorrect/conflicting information. I checked a week or so ago and there are two prices for BkB season tickets given at different locations. Just another indication of the lack of leadership in Cope and Murphy Ctr.

I got an Game Day Guide e-mail yesterday which clearly stated the game was on BeIN sports and was not available on Direct, Comcast, or U-Verse but was on Dish. No mention of Charter/Spectrum which is, among other carriers, the option in parts of the mid-state. Regardless, I was glad to see the effort to let fans know where they can't see the game.

It's sad how poor our media relations and fan outreach is. I don't know just who is in charge of insuring that the media has correct information (Tennessean often had incorrect information days before a game and it is never changed) but they are doing a poor job. Even GoBlueRaiders.com often has incorrect/conflicting information. I checked a week or so ago and there are two prices for BkB season tickets given at different locations. Just another indication of the lack of leadership in Cope and Murphy Ctr.
I'm probably going to pick up a Sling TV subscription for a month to get BEIN sports to watch the game. I would have liked to have seen a list of bars or watch parties put together by the university since most TV providers no longer carry this channel.

Don't tell me nothing about our attendance. Nobody is at that USM v. UNT game.

UNT up on USM 10-7 with 7:00 or so until the half.

Good gravy! WKU is horrible. Charlotte just scores again. They lead 16-7. Reynolds UNCC's QB got hurt.

UNT turned on the throttle. They won 30-7

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT