FIU at (20) Miami (ESPN2) 2:30 pm
(10) Va. Tech at Old Dominion (CBSSN) 2:30 pm
North Texas at Liberty (ESPN3) 5 pm
Louisiana Tech at (6) LSU (ESPNU) 6 pm
NC State at Marshall (CBSSN) 6 pm
Rice at Southern Miss (ESPN+) 6 pm
Texas State at UTSA (ESPN+) 6 pm
New Mexico State at UTEP (ESPN3) 6:30 pm

This f'n schedule of ours. Think about this. After this week we will be one month into the football season. Essentially one-third of the college football season and all we have to show for it is being taken to the woodshed by Vandy, skull drug by UGA and barely survived a local I-AA team. We follow all that up with a bye week.

What casual fence sitter has MT on their mind right now? What area college football fan has been given any incentive to come to any of the remaining games? Granted there's only four left. Will there even be more than 5K at the FAU game? Doubt it.

The failure of leadership at MT is staggering. All the way across. In Cope. In Murphy. And in the football program. At a time where we should have been teeing up this season for something special with seven home games, lots of new and innovative promotions, maybe even a Heisman campaign for Brent (ala Dwone Hicks), and getting MT back on the college football map we instead get three SEC road games, only five home games, an offensive line that can't really protect the coach's son QB for longer than 1.5 seconds, and two dozen WR's on the roster that can't get open.

The Board of Directors needs to clean house. A clean sweep all the way through.

Last edited:
This f'n schedule of ours. Think about this. After this week we will be one month into the football season. Essentially one-third of the college football season and all we have to show for it is being taken to the woodshed by Vandy, skull drug by UGA and barely survived a local I-AA team. We follow all that up with a bye week.

What casual fence sitter has MT on their mind right now? What area college football fan has been given any incentive to come to any of the remaining games? Granted there's only four left. Will there even be more than 5K at the FAU game? Doubt it.

The failure of leadership at MT is staggering. All the way across. In Cope. In Murphy. And in the football program. At a time where we should have been teeing up this season for something special with seven home games, lots of new and innovative promotions, maybe even a Heisman campaign for Brent (ala Dwone Hicks), and getting MT back on the college football map we instead get three SEC road games, only five home games, an offensive line that can't really protect the coach's son QB for longer than 1.5 seconds, and two dozen WR's on the roster that can't get open.

The Board of Directors needs to clean house. A clean sweep all the way through.

I agree with this. I'm not sure we have had longer tenures than the current occupants in the Presidency and the AD position. Pretty sure the only coaches who've stayed at Middle Tennessee longer than CRS have at least couple or three uncontested championships to their names. The word 'sclerotic' keeps running through my mind when I think about our leadership.

Meanwhile, does the Board really run things or do they just rubber stamp what McPhee wants? Not sure I see anything indicating they do anything more. Do they ever express unhappiness with anything going on at the university? Do they even pay attention to athletics, or are their Saturdays spent elsewhere?

Reactions: BRaiderDave
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21

Florida Atlantic at (16) UCF (ESPN) 6 pm - UCF all the way. FAU's OL is having issues getting Singletary space to work in. Their D is a tad porous as well.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22

WKU at Ball State (ESPN3) 2 pm - WKU should win this game but I'm going Ball St. because WKU has been abysmal in the 4th quarter.

Charlotte at UMass (Eleven Sports) 2:30 pm - Charlotte is favored??? WTH I'm gonna go with them. Charlotte

FIU at (20) Miami (ESPN2) 2:30 pm - Miami win and cover

(10) Va. Tech at Old Dominion (CBSSN) 2:30 pm - VT win and cover

North Texas at Liberty (ESPN3) 5 pm - UNT win and cover

Louisiana Tech at (6) LSU (ESPNU) 6 pm - LSU win and cover

- NC State with the win but Marshall will keep it close.

Rice at Southern Miss (ESPN+) 6 pm - USM although Rice could win as they are improved.

- Which one is worse? I'm picking UTSA to win

New Mexico State at UTEP (ESPN3) 6:30 pm - It's the battle of who could care less. I'm going with NMSU.

Last edited:
I agree with this. I'm not sure we have had longer tenures than the current occupants in the Presidency and the AD position. Pretty sure the only coaches who've stayed at Middle Tennessee longer than CRS have at least couple or three uncontested championships to their names. The word 'sclerotic' keeps running through my mind when I think about our leadership.

I am always reminded about Spurrier's resignation speech from UF in 2001. He said that 12 years is long enough at one school, that he had success, but it was time for someone else to come in and see what they could do.

And their's not a longer tenured coach in FBS w/o some sort of championship this side of Stock or Pat Fitzgerald.

And Pat Fitzgerald has a valid excuse as he's a head coach of an academic school in the Big Ten.

Has Frank Solich won a MAC title at Ohio ?

And Pat Fitzgerald has a valid excuse as he's a head coach of an academic school in the Big Ten.

Has Frank Solich won a MAC title at Ohio ?
MAC Eastern Division champs in 2006, 2009, 2011 and 2016 but no outright conference championships

So here's my question. Of all coaches who have been at their job as long as Stockstill, 2006 to current, have any of them produced worse results? I'm pretty sure Stockstill is the most underachieving of all of them that have had their jobs since 2006.

So here's my question. Of all coaches who have been at their job as long as Stockstill, 2006 to current, have any of them produced worse results? I'm pretty sure Stockstill is the most underachieving of all of them that have had their jobs since 2006.

1. Kirk Ferentz, Iowa, hired 1999 Record: 145–97
2. Gary Patterson, TCU, hired 2000 Record: 162–58
T3. Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State, hired 2005 Record: 117–53
T3. Frank Solich, Ohio, hired 2005 Record: 98–71
T3. Kyle Whittingham, Utah, hired 2005 Record: 113–57
T6. Pat Fitzgerald, Northwestern, hired 2006 Record: 88–67
T6. Rick Stockstill, Middle Tennessee, hired 2006 Record: 80–73
T8. Ken Niumatalolo, Navy, hired 2007
T8. Mark Dantonio, Michigan State, hired 2007

Last edited:
The difference a new coaching staff can make is simply unbelievable.

FAU doesn't have the money.

FAU doesn't have the facilities.

FAU doesn't have the tradition.

FAU DOESN'T MAKE EXCUSES.

#getthe****ingjobdoneatallcosts

We pretty much run that offense. UCF runs it way better with a way better OC. LOL. However, our run game is good if we'll just utilize it.

UCF just scored again BTW. They are up 35-17

Back to a 21 point lead by UCF with 4 minutes to go. FAU's D has now given up 49 points.

Last edited:
It would be if we just ran the damn ball on 3rd and 1's instead of Chinese firedrill throwback specials.

AMEN! I said that at the UGA. I never thought I would miss Buster but now I do. Sheesh. It ain't hard and we have talent but the play calling is freaking terrible so far. Some of the worst I've seen here.

His offense did not produce crap at Auburn with SEC talent. I'm over the Franklin/Stockstill experient.

Me too. TF can leave tomorrow as far as I'm concerned. He's too old to be calling some of those silly play calls.

Here are my games of interest tomorrow.

WKU at Ball State (ESPN3) 2 pm - This is make or break for WKU. I'm gonna go ahead and say there season is on the line with this one.

Charlotte at UMass (Eleven Sports) 2:30 pm - Charlotte could be 3-1 with this win. Wow.

NC State at Marshall (CBSSN) 6 pm - This one will tell me who Marshall really is.

I really wanted to see Marshal against SC last week. The old Marshal would win that matchup. They always play up to their opponent. Tough team that seems to always be prepared.

Yeah, I was bummed not seeing that one. I think it would have been close. I'm giving SC the edge over Vandy because the hurricane basically gave SC a bye week.

today's action

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22
WKU at Ball State (ESPN3) 2 pm
Charlotte at UMass (Eleven Sports) 2:30 pm
FIU at (20) Miami (ESPN2) 2:30 pm
(10) Va. Tech at Old Dominion (CBSSN) 2:30 pm
North Texas at Liberty (ESPN3) 5 pm
Louisiana Tech at (6) LSU (ESPNU) 6 pm
Rice at Southern Miss (ESPN+) 6 pm
New Mexico State at UTEP (ESPN3) 6:30 pm