UTSA @ Marshall 1:30 p.m. Huntington, WV Live Audio TV:Stadium/Facebook

Louisiana Tech @ Southern Miss 2:30 p.m. Hattiesburg, MS Live Audio TV:Stadium

UTEP @ WKU 6:30 p.m. Bowling Green, KY Live Audio TV:beIN Sports

UAB @ Texas A&M 6:00 p.m. College Station, TX Live Audio TV:ESPN2

Rice @ LSU 6:30 p.m. Baton Rouge, LA TV:ESPNU

overlooked the fau @ north texas game on thursday:

THURSDAY 11.15.18

Florida Atlantic @ North Texas 8:30 p.m. Denton, TX TV:CBS Sports Network

Lane Kiffin is a moron. I'd fire that DC tomorrow morning. FAU just let UNT run a 92 yd. TD.

DeAndre Johnson destroyed FIU and this moron starts Robison?

While I type this, Robison throws a huge bomb to put it within 3. Sheesh.

1016 yards combined so far in this defensive struggle. LOL.

FAU's OC is garbage. DC is trash. Couldn't happier to a nicer guy like Kiffin.

UNT is 8-3 now.

Charlotte isn't going to do us any favors. FIU moving the ball at will. Already almost 500 yards of offense.

Doesn't look like FIU is losing any time soon. Giving that game up in South Florida ruined our season.

Good news....our game with UAB now means nothing. Win or lose, we need Marshall to beat FIU.

I guess technically if both MT and Marshall win, we would host UAB again the following week for the championship. But in terms of playing for the championship, its out of our hands.

I wouldn't call it meaningless. If we win and Marshall wins, we get home field advantage.

If we win and Marshall loses, it helps with bowl priority being at 8 wins.

If we lose and Marshall loses (most likely scenario knowing our luck), we get bad bowl priority.

Regardless, if we do not at least win the East this year (and really, it should be championship or bust all things considered) then this season is a failure.

Brent's senior year. A roster stocked full of junior and senior talent. Coaches 13th season. It's time...

Regardless, if we do not at least win the East this year (and really, it should be championship or bust all things considered) then this season is a failure.

Agree

Let me get this straight. We have played 7 road games and 4 home games. Three of our games were against SEC teams. We are 7-4. So if we win next week the season is a bust?

We were the 3rd or 4 th best team in the east when the season started. If not for Brent going down in the 15th play of a road game against FIU most likely we win that game.

I know the desire to win a championship but the season is not a bust.

I am sure Bama needs some more fans, you should consider rooting for them.

Let me get this straight. We have played 7 road games and 4 home games. Three of our games were against SEC teams. We are 7-4. So if we win next week the season is a bust?

We were the 3rd or 4 th best team in the east when the season started. If not for Brent going down in the 15th play of a road game against FIU most likely we win that game.

I know the desire to win a championship but the season is not a bust.

I am sure Bama needs some more fans, you should consider rooting for them.

At this point, yes. Stock has been here 13 years without a conference championship or even a division title. Every season he doesn’t win the conference at this point is a failure. There are different degrees of failure. This season was has not been an utter failure. It could be worse. But if we don’t end up playing in 2 Saturdays, this will be another meh Stockstill season with missed opportunities. I would settle for a top 25 ranking at some point in the 13 years in lieu of a championship though.

On slate to be the best season in blueraider history. only 3 games to go and you will be telling your grandkids about how big stock and little stock took us to greatness! Buckle in should be a very rewarding couple of weeks!

Would we rather be Vanderbilt that hasn't sniffed a conference championship in a century? Since Warren G Harding was President? I look at it this way, even if we had a magical undefeated season, what would be the difference? Ucf has won 23 games in a row and is probably not going to make the playoffs. That being said, our best case scenario is pretty much no different than winning the conference as our bowl game would ostensibly only be marginally better.
We have occasional down years but we aren't a bottom dweller in this conference. With that being said, BEAT UAB. TWICE.

Vanderbilt is more academically focused. I agree, a sniff at the title is due.

Last edited:
At this point, yes. Stock has been here 13 years without a conference championship or even a division title. Every season he doesn’t win the conference at this point is a failure. There are different degrees of failure. This season was has not been an utter failure. It could be worse. But if we don’t end up playing in 2 Saturdays, this will be another meh Stockstill season with missed opportunities. I would settle for a top 25 ranking at some point in the 13 years in lieu of a championship though.

I get it, really I do...

But, this year has been his best coaching job. Stock has gone for the win. Aside from the Vanderbilt game, we have played about the best we could play. I have seen so much imagination this year - who would have thought Thomas would play WR this year? The schedule has been tough, again as I said, we have played 7 road games and only 4 home games; yet in position.

I guess I wish we wouldn't paint these hard lines when we still have a great chance to win the conference.

In the time that Stock has been HC he has one shared conference title, we've watched Troy win our conference five times(3 outright, 2 shared), Arkansas State win it twice(both outright), Marshall win it twice, Western Kentucky win it twice, FAU win it twice(1 outright CUSA, 1 shared SBC) and FIU is in the same position we are with one shared SBC title but are in a better position than we are to add to that this year.

Why isn’t AJ playing QB.

UAB is turning it over and has missed 3 FGs

AJ has been injured and hasn't played for 3 weeks now I think. They are saving him for us on Saturday. I think that will be a mistake. He's gonna be rusty. Johnston is hot and cold. Again, it's tough because UAB hasn't played anyone besides A&M.

I guess I wish we wouldn't paint these hard lines when we still have a great chance to win the conference.

He has lost all slack and leeway I can give him over 13 years. If we are not celebrating a East Division championship in the locker room after the UAB game (not a “co-championship” - losers use co-champion when they don’t win the tiebreakers), then I will remember this season as yet another year Stock missed opportunities. Which would be sad because this probably is his best coaching job in 13 years & he would still have nothing to show for it. That’s why it’s championship game or bust for me at this point.

Hopefully this is a moot point, Marshall knocks off FIU, and we are all talking about how we cannot believe it finally happened.

Reactions: Raiderclyde
I have a point of contention, I have no issue with co-championships, they were quite common until the advent of conference championship games.

If you want to guarantee yourself an outright championship, go undefeated or make sure you play in a conference with a title game.

With that said, co-divisional champs? That's a good season, but not something to be actually celebrated.

It's better to be 7-4, than 2-10. That's all I'll ever truly care about. If if we play for a title or get one, then awesome. If not, we are still in the postseason. I always prefer that to 2-10. What I liked about yesterday was the fact that we didn't quit. We were down 24-7 and got it within 8 with 2 chances to either tie or get within a FG. We started terribly but then we locked down and played football. UK is a top 25 team and Snell is a beast. We didn't back down and we played hard. If we do that next week minus the pick 6 and the fumble with some missed tackles, we will be playing for the title at home.

Marshall lines up well vs. FIU. FIU barely beat Charlotte and Marshall had no problems with Charlotte. It exposes FIU. Marshall will get it done.

Let's be honest. Perpetual seasons between 5-7 and 7-5 are unsustainable for the program's future. Falling interest, lacking recruiting, and no "impact" result in a program that is just good enough to skirt by, until we run out of money or begin moving from the 5-7 to 7-5 range to 3-9 to 5-7. This is arguably our best season since the 10 win year and NO Bowl win. Would we have 28k plus for a home game against Memphis next year? Heck, I'm not sure we get that many to see DUKE, an ACC team who's been hovering around the Top 25 for the last few years.

WKU had 2 back to back 11 win seasons or better and still couldn't sell out a game in a 22k seat stadium. They couldn't sustain the success and now they have 3 people in attendance. FAU won 11 games last year and couldn't sustain it with the same HC and team. You can still see the logo of FAU with the empty seats in their stadium on gameday as they fight to get bowl eligible.

We are G5. No one cares. We could win 10 championships in a row. No one cares. We have 2 5-6 teams playing in Dudley next week and we are playing for a chance at a championship game and who do you think the radio is gonna be promoting this week? Here's a hint. Not us. Boise st. does well because they are in nowhere Idaho. If they had 2 SEC teams in their backyard, they never get off the ground. We've had 10 B.E. seasons in 13 years. Vandy has 5 in 40 years. Who gets more respect? Not us.

0 B.E. seasons in 13 years with 7 straight. No other team in our conference can say that. If that doesn't matter at all, then don't let the door hit you.

I'm Blue Raider til I die. Go to game this weekend. If you can't watch it. If not. See ya. I'd rather be 7-4 than 2-10 any day no matter what.

Also, you say the recruiting is lacking. We just had a true freshman run over a legit SEC team yesterday while out 5th year sr QB threw a pick 6. Dobson had a couple of explosive plays while our Sr. center and Redshirt Jr guards let UK's DE's and DL through untouched. An unrecruited Juco QB out of nowhere with no D1 experience came into the most important game in our division with no reps and nearly beat the best team in the east right now. A true sophomore had a 100 yard pick 6 and got on Sportscenter with the no. 2 play of the day. What seniors did that? I think our recruiting is getting better and it's showing on the field.

This we aren't getting players that can compete with the rest of the conference is a bunch of crap. We got 3 3 star 300 lb plus linemen that redshirted this year. They will play next year and will make solid contributions. They will block better than what we have now. Cobb will play more as well. We have plenty of talent coming up.

From my perspective, it is a huge let down if we aren’t at least division champs. Lil stock will have unbelievable numbers but known as the guy who couldn’t lead a team to a championship.

Rick has been here too long for what little he has accomplished. Most people are tired of the same ole year in and out. We have no expectations. We have beaten one team with a winning record.

News flash! This will be the best season we have ever had! Get happy or get lost. Everybody asks what can we do to increase attendance, get more people to care, etc,etc. Well how about we stop the perpetual bitching and moaning. At least wait till they blow it...

Reactions: Blueraider_Mike
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT