ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING CUSA FB Recruiting

Is anyone really surprised that we are 10th? I was more surprised that we aren’t dead last given that half the staff (including the HC) has been “semi-retired” the last 5 years.
Dearmon is probably used to this coming from lowly Kansas and working for Les Miles.

Reactions: MTTim
Is anyone really surprised that we are 10th? I was more surprised that we aren’t dead last given that half the staff (including the HC) has been “semi-retired” the last 5 years.
Dearmon is probably used to this coming from lowly Kansas and working for Les Miles.

#10: MTSU Blue Raiders
Four year rolling recruiting average rank: 9th

SP+ 2020 rank: 12th

The Blue Raiders looked like a mess on the gridiron in 2020 and a low recruiting average ensured that the program’s floor wasn’t as high as other programs like USM who also had.... turbulent... seasons. Hopefully a shake up of the offensive staff will spark a turnaround in Murfreesboro.

What's not surprising is that the top three in recruiting are our three closest geographical rivals, UAB, Marshall, and wku, in that order.

Also worth noting, North Texas, who has among the best facilities in cusa, is just one slot above MT at #9. It is not always about facilities.

Dearmon and Brent are the only reasons we aren't 14th right now. They brought in some great pickups at the very last moment. wTF didn't recruit any good talent at all and the people we had before those 2 were D2 offers.

Dearmon has impressed the hell out of me since he's been here. He's had zero to work with and has made a dollar out of 15 cents. Way better recruiter than wTF and Silvoy was. We upgraded IMO.

I do not recall a single QB that we have signed since Brent that had another D1 offer. Correct me if I am wrong?

We'll see. I've been a big fan of the recruiting classes we have signed the last few years, especially the 2019 class. Some real defensive studs in that class that I think will make an impact and turn heads for us this year. 2020 wasn't terrible either but as others have commented, we have not signed a good QB in quite some time now. Hopefully Hockman is a game-changer for us and the Nick Vattiato kid can play.

Recruiting will be a different world now going forward with the transfer portal along with having two signing days, one in December and another in February. Recruiting is so much different now than it was even 5 years ago, which worries me with all these dinosaurs still on staff.

I think we seriously upgraded. Winning 8 games in the ACC versus 3 wins in CUSA tells me what I need to know. Our WR's with Brent's leadership will be formidable weapons for him. Pierce, Ali, Windham, and the transfer from AZ and such will give us a great nucleus.

ADVERTISEMENT