ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL CUSA Championship Game, UAB returns, MT MIA

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
UAB lost its top four receivers, most of its offensive line and numerous top defensive performers from last year and yet here they are again at 9-3, 6-2...

Last year's other participant is missing. Not only from the CUSA CC game, but from any post season bowl.

How did UAB do it?

He's gonna get hired away with all of the openings coming available. He's one of the ebst coaches in the game right now.

He's gonna get hired away with all of the openings coming available. He's one of the ebst coaches in the game right now.

Why would he leave UAB and the State of Alabama retirement system? He makes a million a year and is getting a new stadium to boot

Why would he leave UAB and the State of Alabama retirement system? He makes a million a year and is getting a new stadium to boot

It'll need to be a Power 5 offer with 2-3 mil per year guaranteed, at least. But if that is offered, he is gone.

Remember, these coaches are very competitive at heart. They want to be in Power 5 conferences and coaching amongst the best in the profession and beating the best in the profession. Bill Clark strikes me as a guy who likes the bright lights and big crowds. He'll be gone at the first P5 offer.

It'll need to be a Power 5 offer with 2-3 mil per year guaranteed, at least. But if that is offered, he is gone.

Remember, these coaches are very competitive at heart. They want to be in Power 5 conferences and coaching amongst the best in the profession and beating the best in the profession. Bill Clark strikes me as a guy who likes the bright lights and big crowds. He'll be gone at the first P5 offer.

You would think Ole Miss would be a good match for him...

Local hated rival at the top

Middle in the Middle

What's new ?

Certainly wasn't their day. They've had some major clunker games this year against respectable teams where they just didn't show up. (UT-Knoxville, USM)

They're a feast or famine type of team, which can be somewhat expected considering how young they are. They still finish 9-4 on the year with a chance to have a 10 win season. Pretty sure they are the youngest team in the conference too.....so that's still pretty special in my eyes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT