ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL CUSA 2017 Media Days

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Media Kickoff Coverage

Conference USA’s 2017 Football Kickoff is set for Wednesday-Thursday, July 19-20, in Irving, Texas. The league’s head coaches and two student-athletes from each school will be on hand to preview the upcoming season. C-USA followers will enjoy significant coverage of the event.

CUSA TV will present live streaming of interviews with coaches and players on both days via Facebook Live. Wednesday’s coverage will begin at 3:00 p.m. ET/2 p.m. CT with the West Division schools. Coverage continues on Thursday at 10:00 a.m. ET/9 a.m. CT with the East Division members. Each school will be on in approximately 15-minute increments and Ron Thulin will serve as the host. The show will also be archived on ConferenceUSA.com and on the Conference USA Facebook page.

2017 C-USA FOOTBALL MEDIA KICKOFF FACEBOOK LIVE SCHEDULE
WEDNESDAY, JULY 19
3:00p ET/2:00p CT LOUISIANA TECH – Head coach Skip Holtz, QB J’Mar Smith, S Secdrick Cooper
3:15p ET/2:15p CT NORTH TEXAS – Head coach Seth Littrell, RB Jeffery Wilson, S Kishawn McClain
3:30p ET/2:30p CT RICE – Head coach David Bailiff, OL Trey Martin, LB Emmanuel Ellerbee
3:45p ET/2:45p CT SOUTHERN MISS – Head coach Jay Hopson, RB Ito Smith, DB Cornell Armstrong
4:00p ET/3:00p CT UAB – Head coach Bill Clark, OL Chris Schleuger, LB Shaq Jones
4:15p ET/3:15p CT UTEP – Head coach Sean Kugler, OG Will Hernandez, LB Alvin Jones
4:30p ET/3:30p CT UTSA – Head coach Frank Wilson, WR Josh Stewart, LB Josiah Tauaefa
4:45p ET/3:45p CT C-USA – Commissioner Judy MacLeod

THURSDAY, JULY 20
10:00a ET/9:00a CT CHARLOTTE – Head coach Brad Lambert, QB Hasaan Klugh, LB Karrington King
10:15a ET/9:15a CT FIU – Head coach Butch Davis, QB Alex McGough, LB Anthony Wint
10:30a ET/9:30a CT FLORIDA ATLANTIC – Head coach Lane Kiffin, OL Antonyo Woods, LB Azeez Al-Shaair
10:45a ET/9:45a CT MARSHALL – Head coach Doc Holliday, TE Ryan Yurachek, DL Ryan Bee
11:00a ET/10:00a CT MIDDLE TENNESSEE – Head coach Rick Stockstill, QB Brent Stockstill, WR Richie James
11:15a ET/10:15a CT OLD DOMINION – Head coach Bobby Wilder, WR Jonathan Duhart, DB Brandon Addison
11:30a ET/10:30a CT WKU – Head coach Mike Sanford, QB Mike White, LB Joel Iyiegbuniwe
11:45a ET/10:45a CT C-USA – Senior Associate Commissioner Merton Hanks

Conference USA’s social media platforms will provide live updates throughout the day. Photos, quotes and other information will be posted via Twitter (@ConferenceUSA) and on the Conference USA Facebook page and Instagram account. Fans may also join the social conversation throughout the day using the official hashtag #CUSAKickoff.

Television coverage previewing the upcoming season will be provided by the league’s television partners following the C-USA Kickoff. Stadium and beIN SPORTS will each have crews in Irving to shoot interviews that will be available on various platforms to preview the upcoming campaign.

The 2017 C-USA Football season kicks off Thursday, Aug. 31, with all 14 teams in action over three days on opening weekend. The 13th annual Conference USA Football Championship Game, pitting the champions of the East and West Divisions, will be held Saturday, Dec. 2.

For more information on the C-USA Football Kickoff, please visit:
2017 Football_Kickoff Page

Poor wku is going to get trounced by the whole league. I have them second to last in front of only FAU In my rankings.

Anybody know how conference championship tickets work? Do you get first dibs if your a BRAA member and season ticket holder? Don't worry Franklin you can sit with me! #sellout

Sheesh, Lane Kiffin is an awesome motivator.

Q: What's the thing that has you most excited about this team?
A: All the new guys coming in.

He says this with 2 veteran players sitting right next to him. Those 2 guys did not look too excited to be with him.

The host says that they return a KR with over 1,000 yards and he says "It means you gave up a lot of points too." Again, right next to the defensive leader from last year. He might have been right but it doesn't hype or motivate to say that.

The whole thing was really weird and awkward.

I gotta say....

I've watched coach Stock on every media day since he's been here and this is by far the best one I've seen him do because this one was the most honest and sincere.

He straight up addressed the defense and said that we were a "wait til they come to us" defense and in this league you are a sitting duck if you do that and we need to attack more and that is what coach Shafer is about. He said that we didn't tackle well and didn't get to the QB which is all a huge focus this year. He praised Shafer for bringing energy to the D already and for the strategy, confidence and mindset as well.

His attitude was hungrier than I've ever seen him be with the exception of his first year. There was no coach speak. It was 100% honesty about where we are and what we need to do to get to where we need to be. He didn't soft shell it and said that the chip is back on the shoulders of his team and his staff.

As a fan, I felt he addressed what I hope he would and is a lot more dialed in. I didn't feel that with Marshall's Doc Holiday. I felt that he lives on another planet almost. However, Stock was different. No "compete" talk either. He wants to win.

ADVERTISEMENT