ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL CRS wants consistency in MT/WKU game date

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
BGDN:
http://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/w...cle_c66b56fb-e32e-5772-a3a1-9fd8265908b1.html
Stockstill wants consistency in MT/WKU game date

...Former Ohio Valley Conference rivals, the two schools didn’t meet for 16 years between their 1991 and 2007 games. The 2007 matchup coincided with the Hilltoppers beginning their jump to FBS, a move Middle Tennessee began in 1999.

The schools have met nine times since 2007, every season other than 2013. The Blue Raiders hold a 5-4 edge in those meetings, though WKU has won the last two.

The game date has jumped around since the rivalry renewed.

The matchup’s been played four times in October, three times in November and twice in September. Now another November game will be added to that list.

Stockstill said he’s raised that issue in the past but has been told the game needs to accommodate TV.

This year’s matchup at Houchens-Smith Stadium will be shown on CBS Sports Network. The 2016 game was an ESPN3 broadcast, with former C-USA partner Fox Sports carrying the 2015 matchup on its regional networks.

“I’ve talked to them about it, but they always say it’s because of TV,” Stockstill said. “Well the (C-USA) TV package is pitiful. You can’t say that anymore.

“Scheduling, out-of-conference games and all that sort of stuff. If you put it down and know when you’re going to play, then you have to schedule your out-of-conference games around that date.” .....

good for him for speaking up and calling the package pitiful. maybe this will stoke a fire under CM

I know its an ESPN creation, but I've never understood why we don't play them during "Rivalry Week". People are paying attention to that ad focus for the week. We might as well join them.

I think he's past the coach speak. The slam on the tv contract is great. I like our coach to be honest. If we suck say so and here's how we will fix it.

I know its an ESPN creation, but I've never understood why we don't play them during "Rivalry Week". People are paying attention to that ad focus for the week. We might as well join them.
Spot on. We may not be on ESPN but at least they will mention us in the ads.

Hey, what's going on? Is coach stock starting to boldly step up regarding all things MT football? Sure would be nice if he continues to do more of this the rest of the way this season.

Reactions: C-Bow and MTTim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT