ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL CRS gets a mention in this espn article about coaches, hot seats, in 2021

The fact ESPN put him on the potential hot seat list just shows ESPN knows nothing about MTSU. CRS ain't going anywhere anytime soon no matter what happens next year.

Would it be crazy shocking if Massaro talked to Stock about the status of the program and CRM said that he plans to coach 1 more year and wants to coach with Brent before retiring. This gives Massaro an out so he doesn’t have to consider firing his buddy or attempt to buy out the ridiculous contract. That would explain why Brent only expects to be in M’boro 1 year. And since Massaro/McPhee do not care about results, what’s one more year of .500 Stock as coach.

Would it be crazy shocking if Massaro talked to Stock about the status of the program and CRM said that he plans to coach 1 more year and wants to coach with Brent before retiring. This gives Massaro an out so he doesn’t have to consider firing his buddy or attempt to buy out the ridiculous contract. That would explain why Brent only expects to be in M’boro 1 year. And since Massaro/McPhee do not care about results, what’s one more year of .500 Stock as coach.
That’s actually a pretty plausible scenario. I did watch a few minutes of Bretts’ brides video (the time one wastes when retired), and thought the one year comment was a little bizarre. Your hypothesis makes a fair amount of sense. Stock has never struck me as a guy strictly in it for the $$$. As Brett moves up the coaching ladder, and I think he will have a quick trajectory, Papa Stock can play the same role Monte Kiffin Sr, plays to Lane.

Reactions: Raiders_55
That’s actually a pretty plausible scenario. I did watch a few minutes of Bretts’ brides video (the time one wastes when retired), and thought the one year comment was a little bizarre. Your hypothesis makes a fair amount of sense. Stock has never struck me as a guy strictly in it for the $$$. As Brett moves up the coaching ladder, and I think he will have a quick trajectory, Papa Stock can play the same role Monte Kiffin Sr, plays to Lane.

There's also the new grandpa wanting to spend time with the grandkid, perhaps.

Reactions: Raiders_55
You need to look no further than goblueraiders.com to understand their sense of urgency to fix this mess of an athletic department. Tony Franklin and Austin Silvoy are both still listed on the MTSU coaching staff at the height of recruiting season.
When the O-line coach at UTC went crazy, his bio was gone overnight. Meanwhile, our former OC will tell anyone who’ll listen that Stock violated Covid-19 protocols and put his players health in jeopardy. Yet we still have his mug and bio on the Football website. Are we really surprised? 😂

ADVERTISEMENT