ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL CRS also getting honest with the defense

Was up between Cookeville and Livingston this morning, so could only catch bits and pieces. Was hoping they would have it archived and linked so it could listened to like most of their interviews, but no such luck. Apparently MT doesn't rate that.

Well, if he fired the defensive coordinator, I would hope he thinks the defense underachieved. I guess it's nice to hear him for once in his life acknowledge that we underachieved instead of touting bowl eligibility, but nothing here that we didn't already know.

During the media days last week, he was just as honest and sincere. He made no bones about it either. I like this version of Stock. He knows that we are leaving food on the plate each season and now it's time to get hungry again and I think all of the staff and players finally are this year which is nice.

In all honesty, I think he knows it is now or never. We have without a doubt as we have mentioned here numerous times the best QB/WR duo we have ever had, and who quite possibly will go down as the greatest Blue Raiders in their positions.

We have a true attack and respected DC with a scheme that we haven't had since Manny was here.

We have a true attack and respected OC with a scheme who is back for a full off-season follow-up for the first time. With a repeat play caller who is just getting better himself and in this system.

Stock knows if he doesn't do it with the tools he has this year and hopefully next, then all hell will break loose.

I applaud him for laying it all out there for a change.

ADVERTISEMENT