ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL CRS: All is well

Who was asking these questions that are had the excuses in them. If we'd won the close games against UTSA and WKU, it would have "flipped the season"? That tells you the mentality, because if we could have just made it to 5-4, it would have been a good year. I think I can taste my own vomit.

Reactions: MTLynn
It’s like the old saying: “If and buts are candy and nuts, everyone would have a Merry Christmas”. I’ve heard these platitudes of oh, so close before. Sorry Coach Stocksill, this Blue Raider fan doesn’t buy your story.

Reactions: Hop45
Rick Stockstill is now the albatross of this program. They are out in the open spewing this BS and aren't even being honest anymore. Massaro and Stock have completely destroyed this program. 5 more years and we can dump him.

This season was a challenge for every program. Why did some programs rise to the opportunity while others collapse under pressure?

Who was asking these questions that are had the excuses in them. If we'd won the close games against UTSA and WKU, it would have "flipped the season"? That tells you the mentality, because if we could have just made it to 5-4, it would have been a good year. I think I can taste my own vomit.

If we are going to play the “If Game”, if Rice doesn’t quadruple doink a field goal we are 2-7. You can do ifs for the FIU and Troy games as well and easily get us to 0-9. Fact of the matter is not all the breaks will be good and not all the breaks will be bad. They usually average out, which means 3-6 is exactly what we are.

Rick Stockstill is now the albatross of this program. They are out in the open spewing this BS and aren't even being honest anymore. Massaro and Stock have completely destroyed this program. 5 more years and we can dump him.
If 5 years there won't be a program.

What bugs me about garbage masquerading as a real Q&A after a second terrible season is nothing indicating that the results this season were unacceptable. There's no "we have to be better" and no sense of urgency "we have to get this program turned around" or "changes have to be made"

This is an unaccountable government bureaucrat stringing a lot of words together knowing he's not going to lose his job for failure to do his job because his superiors (also government bureaucrats) have not stated or set a level of expectations. We really do need to rename this institution as Deep State U. No one does their job and no one gets fired.

Something tells me that even if this is a regular 12 game season without the threat of Covid, we would have still been terrible.
Oh, I agree.

Using COVID as an excuse for a 3 win season falls flat on its face. Everyone dealt with COVID issues.

As Randall pointed out, you can blame COVID. You can blame the ball for bouncing the other direction (and forget the times it bounced your direction).

At some point, the only excuse you are left holding is your face in the mirror. And that is a bit harder to admit

This is an unaccountable government bureaucrat stringing a lot of words together knowing he's not going to lose his job for failure to do his job because his superiors (also government bureaucrats) have not stated or set a level of expectations. We really do need to rename this institution as Deep State U. No one does their job and no one gets fired.
mcphee answers to THEC. They have continued to give him raises and extensions while the athletic department crumbles.

What does this tell you?

Reactions: C-Bow
Using COVID as an excuse for a 3 win season falls flat on its face. Everyone dealt with COVID issues.

+1, nothing wrong with pointing to COVID for a disappointing season but let's be honest most MTSU fans didn't think we were primed for a better year than 2019. Claiming COVID for having an expected year is just an excuse. I'd point to Rice as a great example, MTSU played 6 games and Rice was on game zero and if it wasn't for some heroic (read lucky) plays at the end of the 4th (and in OT) MTSU wouldn't of had 3 wins.

mcphee answers to THEC. They have continued to give him raises and extensions while the athletic department crumbles.

What does this tell you?

It tells me that neither Masssro, McPhee, the BoR, or the THEC is getting any complaints regarding the athletic dept., at least not from anyone they will listen to. We just don't have enough fans with political or economic clout to make a difference.

Maybe if the DNJ guy really wanted to find out what’s happening with MT Football, he should sit down one on one with Tony Franklin and see if he’ll spill the beans like he did at Kentucky.

You mean, an actual reporter seek out the truth, instead of taking dictation? They haven't taught that in journalism classes for many, many decades.

Maybe if the DNJ guy really wanted to find out what’s happening with MT Football, he should sit down one on one with Tony Franklin and see if he’ll spill the beans like he did at Kentucky.
DNJ...is starting to be initials for Don't Do Journalism. They want subscribers but produce zero readable articles

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT