ADVERTISEMENT

CRI Retirement Talk

blueboro007

All American
Dec 8, 2006
Not sure you heard the postgame interview, but CRI discussed retirement and talked like maybe next year would be his last. Not sure if Matt would be the choice but I have some concerns about him taking over.

Not sure you heard the postgame interview, but CRI discussed retirement and talked like maybe next year would be his last. Not sure if Matt would be the choice but I have some concerns about him taking over.
It shouldn't be a surprise CRI would retire at some point in the near future. And it shouldn't be a surprise if Matt Insell is considered as a replacement. Matt is a great recruiter and a pretty good coach.

Not entirely sure why it didn't work out at Ole Miss, but he'd be a good guy to talk to about replacing CRI.

It shouldn't be a surprise CRI would retire at some point in the near future. And it shouldn't be a surprise if Matt Insell is considered as a replacement. Matt is a great recruiter and a pretty good coach.

Not entirely sure why it didn't work out at Ole Miss, but he'd be a good guy to talk to about replacing CRI.
Honestly I thought Rick might have retired before now. I get the reticence over Matt given what happened at Ole Miss, but he's learned at every stop he's made and was basically running the team in game this year anyway if you watch; animated, drawing up plays, vocally leading them. Rick - for better or for worse - definitely gets carried away watching them play. I don't blame him because that's all I do :)

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Maybe I just didn't notice it before, but it seems Rick is involving Matt more in the coaching this year.

ADVERTISEMENT