ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Court getting new look...contest

If I had any degree of know-how to create a design I would. However, I think something incorporating lighting and maybe some Greek columns would be cool.

Awesome idea. This is the type of stuff they need to be doing more of.

I like a traditional court. I don't like all the designs and colors like FAU, Oregon, etc. all over the court.
I love Oregon’s court. Please don’t have anything like FIU.

I don't like graphics on the court like Oregon. I do like different wood colors. A bit more than we have now in the arc. Should definitely incorporate some school item(s) somehow. I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

Question. Working on this (had to get my mind refocused after WVU losing by one point..grrr)

Who wants simple like we have, but updated, and who wants unique? Some out there are beyond ugly. Some are a bit different. FIU (leaves in corners), Notre Dame (shamrock in middle), and Northern Kentucky (norse across court).

I want it to look different than now, but not be ugly. LOL. I don't want my submission to fall in to the category above of being one of the "dreaded results" haha. Suggestions?

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Question. Working on this (had to get my mind refocused after WVU losing by one point..grrr)

Who wants simple like we have, but updated, and who wants unique? Some out there are beyond ugly. Some are a bit different. FIU (leaves in corners), Notre Dame (shamrock in middle), and Northern Kentucky (norse across court).

I want it to look different than now, but not be ugly. LOL. I don't want my submission to fall in to the category above of being one of the "dreaded results" haha. Suggestions?
I want unique but not god awful. I would do something similar to the Edinburgh one here:

I’m not going to lie, the lightning one is pretty nice (even though a little cheesy lol).

Make sure CUSA logo is a temporary tattoo like material.

Also when I see the winged horse:

no-michael-scott.gif

Like the plain MT with the lightening bolt. Surprised that someone didn’t use mtsu. Still cannot believe they carved that into the brick on all the new entrances onto campus. That looks terrible! So much for branding…..
So True! I hate it!

I like the idea of the state outline somewhere on the court with some indicator of either the mid-state area or the school's location in the geographic center of the state. That probably wouldn't work at mid-court along with the logo.

Maybe the state with the three stars where the Boro is located

I actually did just that in one of my designs. I've tried to figure out a way to show the glass house on one too, an actual image so to speak, but it just hasn't looked right.

Looks like they are getting plenty of submissions, which is great. Well, not for me wanting to win, but for sure for the program. 😁

I can still hear that voice in my head when the game came on saying the game title. I was obsessed with that and Tecmo Bowl both.

• Love
Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
the memphis floor made me think of what Boise St and Oregon did with their football fields. I'm fine with the Penn State approach, though. Plain and simple. Speaking of facilties, there's a local high school who IMO has better facilities than MT, but I do wonder what Bear Bryant would think about these schools getting all fancy with practice facilities? I wonder if The Bear would prefer his players train like Rocky Balboa trained to fight Ivan Drago...

XzkuanBn

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
the memphis floor made me think of what Boise St and Oregon did with their football fields. I'm fine with the Penn State approach, though. Plain and simple. Speaking of facilties, there's a local high school who IMO has better facilities than MT, but I do wonder what Bear Bryant would think about these schools getting all fancy with practice facilities? I wonder if The Bear would prefer his players train like Rocky Balboa trained to fight Ivan Drago...

XzkuanBn
I can see the beauty in Oregon’s floor and the flair in Boise’s Smurf turf. But Memphis’ floor just looks ugly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT