ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Couple of tidbits on Tawfiq Byard's recruitment..

We did not make his top 5.

WVU, Ole Miss, Maryland, South Carolina, Tennessee

I guess he’d rather play in front of 10,000 fans in Raymond James Stadium instead of 5,000 in Floyd. 😂😂
I guess so but USF is a bit worse than us. If he had WVU, Ole Miss, Maryland, South Carolina, Tennessee on the hook, why would USF be his choice unless he's not all that and he knows PT is an issue. Good get for USF.

I guess so but USF is a bit worse than us. If he had WVU, Ole Miss, Maryland, South Carolina, Tennessee on the hook, why would USF be his choice unless he's not all that and he knows PT is an issue. Good get for USF.
South Florida was likely his best committable offer. These recruits like to put a top 5 of blue blood schools but those offers are usually contingent and not committable.

I suspect his recruitment isn’t over and he’s still fishing for the biggest offer he can find. He doesn’t strike me as someone looking for the best fit considering he committed to a school that wasn’t even in his top 5. He clearly had to “settle” for USF.

With NIL $$$ in play these kids are even more likely than in the past to just chase the biggest committable offer available regardless of fit all the way up to signing day. Most schools now have created NIL funding organizations that funnel millions to current/future prospects so the bigger the school you sign with, the better chance you have of pocketing stacks of cash. Everything else be damned, right ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT