ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Couple of Junior College OL to watch

^^^Offers from Texas State, New Mexico, Lamar, Jackson State, Tennessee Tech, Alabama State, Campbell, Florida A and M, TSU

I'm sure these guys are good guys but we need some major size. Anyone watching any of our games can see that. Tuiono is 6'3" 285 and Shiroma is 6'1" 290.

Why do they let this staff continue to drag this program down? Just when you think it can’t go lower, we are even an embarrassment in the portal.

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Starting five OL avg height & weight

Colorado 6'6 312
SDSU 6'4 307
JMU 6'4 311

UTEP 6'5 324
UTSA 6'3 318
Liberty 6'4 316
LaT 6'3 312
FAU 6'5 308
WKU 6'4 303
MT 6'3 296
FIU 6'4 290

Reactions: tyler90wm
Why do they let this staff continue to drag this program down? Just when you think it can’t go lower, we are even an embarrassment in the portal.

All you need to know is the recent facebook/twitter graphic about how we are one of only 5 schools to have some sort of graduation rate at something or whatever. Who cares.

They don't care. Putting out a product that wins/challenges for honors simply is not a priority.

They sell tickets and solicit donations under the premise that they are trying to win. It's the unspoken contract between fan base and any professional or even amatuer program - they don't owe you specific results, but what they do owe you is 100% effort. We don't get that. We haven't gotten that since Stock's been here. I'm not sure I see this as any different than a team/player that throws a game. You're intentionally not getting 100% good faith effort. This is is straight up fraud and I won't contribute a penny.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
APR is great. The #1 goal of a university is graduating students. We all know that. However, there is zero reason we can't do that AND win against our peers.

We were 37th this year. Know who was 35, B1G champ Michigan. Tied at 39, B12 champ K State and MAC champ Toledo. I'm so tired of McPhee thinking both don't matter, or aren't possible when they do and are.

The graphic mentioned above was GSR. Ours was 95. Michigan, 94. K State 94 and Toledo 93.

what about the newbies Jax st and SHSU?
Couldn't find a starting rotation listed for FCS schools. Forgot NMSU too. Starters came from Ourlads and roster came from CBS.

starting five
NMSU 6'4 293

full roster
22 players JSU 6'4 292
18 players SHSU 6'4 296

Reactions: mtfblue
Don’t look at the offer list. You guys will be really upset…

I asked an AI to do the following
Write a story about a coach named Rick Stockstill that coaches a college team named MTSU with high graduation rates but hasn't won a conference championship since he became coach 16 years ago. He also has a contract that auto extends every year for only winning 6 games a year.

It wrote me the following story

Rick Stockstill had been the head coach of the MTSU football team for 16 years. He had taken the team from a struggling program to one of consistent mediocrity. While they hadn't achieved the greatness they had hoped for, Stockstill had built a program that stressed academic excellence. His teams had the highest graduation rates in the conference, and the players were proud to represent the school.

However, the team had not won a conference championship since Stockstill took over. Despite the best efforts of the coach and his staff, the team had been unable to break through and win the big one.

Stockstill had a contract that auto extended every year for only winning 6 games a year. He was respected by the school and the fans, but the lack of championships was an issue. The team was always competitive, but it seemed like they just couldn't get over the hump.

Stockstill refused to give up, and he was determined to do whatever it took to lead the team to a conference championship. He had seen the potential in his players and he knew that if they could put it all together, they had a real chance at greatness.

Stockstill was determined to do whatever it took to put the team in a position to win. He had faith in his players, and he was sure that with the right mix of talent, hard work, and dedication, they could reach the pinnacle of success.

The fans were patient but restless, and they wanted to see the team reach its potential. They knew that Stockstill was the man to get them there, but they also knew that it wouldn't be easy. Winning a championship was never easy, but Stockstill was determined to make it happen.

• Haha
Reactions: MidTennMtneer
There was a handful of guys who committed to the Blue Raiders as a PWO. Those guys aren’t on the site commit/sign list and weren’t tweeted out by the team Twitter account on signing day in December

Worth noting some guys who announce commitments have a Preferred walk on opportunity opposed to a full scholarship
True. Good point. QB from my high school Grant Cochran (holds almost every recoed there) just announced taking a PWO spot at WVU. Had several full ride offers from FCS schools.

Reactions: Matt Dossett
True. Good point. QB from my high school Grant Cochran (holds almost every recoed there) just announced taking a PWO spot at WVU. Had several full ride offers from FCS schools.
Makes me feel better if it was a pwo

Highland Com College
Valdosta
Lake Erie
Texas Wesleyan
St Thomas

what in the hell are we doing ??? This is starting to make me angry this Administration is letting this happen. Beyond disappointing, they aren’t even trying to hide it anymore. Even if it’s a PWO, do we really think this makes us better?

what in the hell are we doing ??? This is starting to make me angry this Administration is letting this happen. Beyond disappointing, they aren’t even trying to hide it anymore. Even if it’s a PWO, do we really think this makes us better?
It's all a crapshoot anyway. A 5star can be a dud and a Div2 can transfer and become a 1st round pick.

Do I think we should go after more D1 and even P5 guys, even if they say no? Absolutely. I really think this staff is afraid to be told no and only offers ones they know they can get.

However someone saw something in this kid and many others. I'm not afraid to admit I don't know enough to say one way or the other.
I should've kept my mouth shut on listing the offers. Let's just see what happens.

We should have a mix in my opinion of guys we pull from FCS schools, JUCO, or even lower sometimes, along with guys with FBS offers and P5 transfers. We can offer immediate playing time in spots but there also has to be a development pipeline as well.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
ADVERTISEMENT