ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Conference USA Power Rankings: Week 2

Asher O'Hara a "work in progress at QB" after 350+ yards passing and 100+ yards rushing in a single game. Can he get better? Everyone can get better, but he brings a dimension to this offense we have not had in years. We have the talent on both sides of the ball to win the conference in my opinion.

I believe this is adequate for a 1-aa win. Glad we won but I’m certainly not going to go out of my way to applaud a fcs win.
I would agree if WKU who lost to their FCS opponent was not two spots ahead of us. Also I do not think all FCS wins are equal. If we were to beat North Dakota State or James Madison it would be a great win and I would applaud it. Our talent level is closer to the top of the FCS than it is the FBS. Either way we won and if we beat Duke we will move up. Underdog Dynasty's power rankings mean absolutely nothing.

If I were ranking, we should have moved one spot to #9. It’s hard to move us much more based on an FCS win where the game outcome was put away late...Tenn. State is not a top #25 FCS team yet. We only led 31-26 early in fourth and 10-6 at half. Score was a little deceiving and it required O’Hara to have excellent play to help place in the victory column.

The proof will be in the pudding this week with really our signature game of the year. Win Saturday and make no mistake we are top three. Also win against Iowa (another tough signature game) and we will be #1 entering conference play.

I defintely agree that TSU is not a power ranking win but there is not one player in the conference as dynamic as Chris Rowland. Not one. Maybe Jordan Mitchell, WR from Southern Miss. Even then, he doesn't have the ability to be an all purpose athlete the way Rowland is. That dude is an absolute baller. One of the toughest we will face all year. As silly as that sounds, it's true. Duke might have some skill guys who are very tough to contain but one guy who can flip a field like Rowland, nah, I don't see it.

Ohara is leading the league in just about every QB stat including completion %. Not bad for a work in progress. Currently, he is the no.1 overall QB stat wise in the conference according to ESPN.

I'll say this too. In CUSA, I want to know what other team has a WR corps like Lee, Dobson, Chissolm, and Pierce? Chissolm and Pierce have really impressed me. We have a lot of talent at WR now. I mean a lot. If we can put it all together, we will be a force to be reckoned with. Ohara has got to stay in the pocket longer and slide more as well. He will learn but we need him to be smarter and he's got to stop leaping. Sheesh.

Reactions: playersu12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT