ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Conference USA Football Stadiums: Ranked 1-13

What do you all see so bad in Floyd other than empty seats?

Was at Marshall last fall. I have been to a lot of stadiums in the conference. I’m not seeing this inclination that Floyd’s a bad or dated venue.

Stadium isn't the greatest but we've got a lot bigger problems to address first IMO

I think Floyd is a good venue. Not a bad seat in the house. By CUSA stadium standards I think it is fine.
Parking is plentiful.

All true. It just needs some upkeep done. Last time I was there I saw weeds growing through the cracks in concrete under it by baseball field. Stairs having rust on them. Simple things to take care of.

But yes. I agree with others. Bigger things honestly matter right now.

Any non-MT person I've ever brought to Floyd has generally been surprised in a good way with our stadium. I usually get something along the lines of- you've got a really solid stadium, bigger than I expected, not a bad seat in the house, etc... only complaint is with all the aluminum/stainless steel. Course, if we could fill it up a tad more that wouldn't be a problem. Always get massive props on the grove too.

Right in the middle of the pack.

Kind of negates the whole "Stock is held back from greater success by the worst facilities in America" argument we see from time to time.
Stadium is not same as facilities. The facilities that hurt recruiting more are the locker rooms, weight room, no indoor facility, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT