ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Committee to emphasize road results in new bracket process

I don't believe this will help us that much...keep in mind the best teams play lots of conference road games...it all balances out. But I guess it can't hurt.

I don't believe this will help us that much...keep in mind the best teams play lots of conference road games...it all balances out. But I guess it can't hurt.

It's an incremental move in the right direction. What it does is lessens the penalty for a team like us if you stumble in a conference road game and it increases the reward for winning OOC games away from home against quality opponents.

I'll remain cynical until the selection committee gives me a reason not to be. At-large bids, for teams outside the power conferences, are becoming more and more rare. A power conference team with an RPI of 81 will get in over a mid-major with a 31 RPI, regardless of any criteria they claim to have.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
It may not be the cure to all the ills and inequities in NCAA competition, but this does seem like a welcomed pleasant step in the right direction that just might help out a little for programs like Kermit's & MT.

It's also kind of nice when it seems year after year all the moves and changes go against and make it more difficult for MT and G5 types.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT