ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Carousel

AustinLewis

Hall of Famer
Staff
Sep 16, 2006
As the coaching carousel gets going in the coming weeks, I'll do my best to keep you guys up to date with any relevant information

Leading off,Former Clemson HC Chad Morris is now the HC for the Mustangs and has hired former MT QB Joe Craddock to be his new OC. Previously, Craddock worked in a variety of capacities at Clemson, most recently as an offensive GA. That's quite a jump for the former Blue Raider

Originally posted by cbow0328:
The coach at Wisconsin Whitewater (name escapes me but he's the guy who won 5 titles) took the job at Buffalo.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Yep. He's pretty much dominated the D3 (or maybe it was D2) level. He's ready to prove himself at the next level.

I'll go ahead and throw out that Muschamp and Malzahn are reportedly talking about the open DC at Auburn vacated by the termination of Ellis Johnson. Muschamp + Malzahn is just plain scary.

Brady Hoke and the interim Michigan AD are meeting today. Word is expected soon about Hoke's future there

Originally posted by MidTnBlues:
Im kind of interested who Mason is going to get at Vandy. Their Defense is pretty solid; their Offense is what killed them this year.
Mike Sanford, OC at Boise State has to be the leading candidate. Mason and Sanford worked together at Stanford.

No connection to MT or CUSA but OK State DB coach Van Malone is expected to be the SMU DC. I sat in on a clinic talk he did and he's a good coach with a great personality. Should help SMU on the recruiting trail

Originally posted by cbow0328:
Looks like MTs own Joe Craddock will be the OC at SMU for Chad Morris. Wow!

That's a great spot for Craddock. Morris is a certified offensive guru, and he gets to learn from one of the best.

In a couple of years, someone will pluck Craddock away to lead their offense.

Hoke is out at Michigan. Harbaugh, baring a change of heart, reportedly will not be the guy.

I should also add that former MT OC Willie Simmons is the leading candidate (and expected to get the job) at Prairie View A&M and a finalist a Florida A&M

Simmons has accepted the HC job at Prairie View. Good for him. I always liked Willie, but he had to go given everything that happened. I'm glad he's at least been able to keep his career in tact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT