ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Coach Stockstill is now under...

TrueBlue147

All Conference
Mar 19, 2008
.500 W/L record at MT. Does anyone know if there has ever been a D1 football coach last 16 years at one school with that kind of win loss record?

16 years for a winning coach is a mountain of time. He has now produced a losing record and needs to step down.

After this season, Stockstill will join the "100 loss" club of CFB coaches. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_football_coaches_with_100_losses

From what I can tell, there are only three other FBS coaches in the modern football era in the 100 loss club that had records as bad as Stock's will be at the end of this year. And you're not gonna believe who one of them is, LMAOOO!!! Watson Brown, Bill Curry, Dan McCarney. None of them have had a job in 6 years, all 3 were fired/ran out of town.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Massaro wanted to hire Watson Brown!

Duuuuuuuuuude. This ****ing guy could put names in a hat and make better hires instead of using his "brain"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. God, why me. Why did I have to go to this god forsaken university. There is, quite literally, no ****ing hope. Maybe I'll just set my degree on fire

I have him at 95 - 95. Am I wrong?

he is sub .500 if you take away FCS padded wins.
The MT Game Notes for the Charlotte game had the following (so add the Charlotte loss to the Ls)

Head Coach: Rick Stockstill Record at MT: 95-94-0 Career Record: 95-94-0

it is now 95-95. If he finishes the year 5-7 his record will be 99-99

Stock’s first attempt as an OC he went 4-4 at Bethune-Cookman in ‘83.

His 2nd attempt as an OC at ECU twenty seasons later in 2003 he was 1-11 and lasted that one season before being fired with his HC John Thompson. He landed a position coach job at South Carolina and 2 years later he’s our HC.

He needs to step down. Now.

Maybe his pride and realization he has and continues to destroy this program will make him step down. How much longer is his contract and how much are they paying? It truly is embarrassing to say you are a fan of this program.

Reactions: Hop45
He should jave
Stock’s first attempt as an OC he went 4-4 at Bethune-Cookman in ‘83.

His 2nd attempt as an OC at ECU twenty seasons later in 2003 he was 1-11 and lasted that one season before being fired with his HC John Thompson. He landed a position coach job at South Carolina and 2 years later he’s our HC.

He needs to step down. Now.

He shouldn't of even been allowed to interview with that sorry resume.

Reactions: MTLynn
Maybe his pride and realization he has and continues to destroy this program will make him step down. How much longer is his contract and how much are they paying? It truly is embarrassing to say you are a fan of this program.
rick might know that 7-wood will just replace him with someone else willing to lose, so he keeps on keeping on.

Since the UAB president was willing to kill the football program, I fully expect 7-wood to do the same - if not kill most of the athletic programs. Just add the tsu-nashville athletic programs to the meharry fast-track program in place at tsu-murfreesboro.

ADVERTISEMENT