ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Class of 2021 commit

previously committed to ut-martin before MT offer...

https://maconcountytimes.com/Conten...-University-of-Tennessee-at-Martin/-2/-2/6978

As a freshman, Gregory helped the Tigerettes to a state runner-up finish, and Macon County posted a school record for victories (31) and reached the Class AA state semifinals last season before falling to eventual state champion Cheatham County.

"I'm so excited," Gregory said. "I think we all just want the gold (basketball, which is awarded to the state champion) so bad. We can't wait. I think we're just going to have to work together and rely on each other. If one person has a bad game, we'll pick them up. We just have to work as a team."

As a sophomore, Gregory was a Tennessee Sports Writers Association All-State honoree, the District 8-AA Defensive Player of the Year, an 8-AA First Team All-District Selection, an District 8-AA All-Tournament honoree, a Region 4-AA All-Tournament selection and was on the Class AA All-State Tournament Team as well.

She averaged 14.7 points, 4.3 rebounds, a team-leading 2.6 steals and 2.3 assists per game. She shot 38 percent from the field, 37 percent from three-point range and 84 percent at the free-throw line. Gregory made a team-best 86 3-pointers.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I'm sometimes leery of signing multiple players from the upper Cumberland areas. While there are good teams and players, they are usually small schools and don't play great competition. There may have been others 20+ years ago but the only recent one I can remember that had a quite a bit of success at MT was Brandi Brown.

ADVERTISEMENT