ADVERTISEMENT

ch...ch...changes at the local dead tree media

In all seriousness, how many subscribers would this site need for one of the writers to quit their day job and cover MT full time?

That’s the only way we will get decent coverage.

In all seriousness, how many subscribers would this site need for one of the writers to quit their day job and cover MT full time?

That’s the only way we will get decent coverage.

^Now we're talking.^

In all honesty, to turn the site into a revenue stream that I'm assuming falls in line with a beat writer payscale, we would need to have around 500 annual subscribers. That would be enough to entice someone to take the beat on full time.

Now I would also say if we got to HALF that number, I could get enough writers on the payroll to ensure we churned out daily content.

Reactions: AustinLewis
^Now we're talking.^

In all honesty, to turn the site into a revenue stream that I'm assuming falls in line with a beat writer payscale, we would need to have around 500 annual subscribers. That would be enough to entice someone to take the beat on full time.

Now I would also say if we got to HALF that number, I could get enough writers on the payroll to ensure we churned out daily content.
This is why subscribing is such a big deal for the site. When I was publisher of the site from 2010-2012, the income I generated from subs was barely enough to cover gas traveling to the Boro.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT