ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL CFN's prediction for MT's 2018 season, more of the same...

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
cfn, excerpt:

Prespring Prediction: 6-6
Prespring CUSA Prediction: 5-3

Sept. 1 at Vanderbilt
Sept. 8 UT-Martin
Sept. 15 at Georgia
Sept. 22 OPEN DATE
Sept. 29 Florida Atlantic
Oct. 6 at Marshall
Oct. 13 at FIU
Oct. 20 Charlotte
Oct. 27 at Old Dominion
Nov. 3 WKU
Nov. 10 at UTEP

Nov. 17 at Kentucky
Nov. 24 UAB

I get what they are saying. However, I think we'll finish better for a couple of reasons...

Vandy is going to be without their best rusher and their best WR. They also lose some OL ans some DL as well.

FAU is going to be different this year. I don't care what people say, they lost Briles and there will be a drop off. They hired a 24 year old OC. Come on, I see a takeover happening in midseason. We play better at home and they are breaking in a new QB and an OC. They intend to keep the speed O style but I'm not buying that this dude is going to make the same decisions as Briles. He won't. I like our chances.

Marshall just lost their QB with no other QB with any experience. They are still looking for an OC too and that list is shrinking.

FIU is a team that we just have their number. It's a matchup issue and Stock knows the Davis style. They finished 2nd in the east last year and we beat them by 20. They are gonna have to change a lot to beat us.

If we won all 4 of those, it's a 10 win season and we are in the title game. I'm just optimistic. The D will be more solid and I think our line will be too. We'll see.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I agree but I just don't see that happening.

Me neither. The only team that's substantially better than us is UGA.

We have a senior, record setting QB. And a pretty stout D in the 2nd year of Shafer's system, and don't really lose a ton of difference makers on either side of the ball (James was hurt most of the year, Minter and a couple of back 7 defense guys excepted).

It's time to start beating other good teams.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT