ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL CCG Weather Watch

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
this from wsmv weather blog:

...60s take over for Friday and Saturday. There will be a price to pay then, though. A significant rain system will push through our area Friday night and early Saturday with increasing wind, humidity, sporadic heavy downpours, and some lightning and thunder. Right now it appears any threat for severe weather will stay well southwest of Middle Tennessee, but we'll continue to monitor that potential.

The rain will try to clear the Mid State during the morning on Saturday. For an updated timeline on the progression of that system, watch Lisa Spencer tonight on News4 at 10pm.

Looking at forecast from weather.com for Saturday

Noon time: chance of rain 35% dropping to low as 24% during the game, and rising back to 42% at 4PM.

Temp at noon is projected to 61F and staying steady in low 60s during the afternoon

Wind at noon 16mph and mph staying in the teens through the afternoon

Looking at forecast from weather.com for Saturday

Noon time: chance of rain 35% dropping to low as 24% during the game, and rising back to 42% at 4PM.

Temp at noon is projected to 61F and staying steady in low 60s during the afternoon

Wind at noon 16mph and mph staying in the teens through the afternoon

Its improving...it was windy last week so I think it may be good enough...I am so pumped.

Reactions: C-Bow
Weather channel site is not reliable if that's where y'all or going. From National Weather Service...

Rainfall coverage will increase early Saturday morning and showers
will continue into the afternoon hours on Saturday. A few strong
storms may develop throughout the day time hours with the main
threats being strong winds, small hail, and minor localized
flooding.

Weather channel site is not reliable if that's where y'all or going. From National Weather Service...

Rainfall coverage will increase early Saturday morning and showers
will continue into the afternoon hours on Saturday. A few strong
storms may develop throughout the day time hours with the main
threats being strong winds, small hail, and minor localized
flooding.

I don't see any contradiction here. Weather.com is putting numbers to the forecast as NWS is dealing in generalities.

Either way. I will be there in the stands.

I see significant contradiction. A 25% chance of seeing rain is very different than rain will start in the morning, last most of the day and be severe at times. Those are two totally different forecasts.

In order of reliability
1. Local weatherman (and btw Davis Nolan's forecast matches the NWS)
2. National Weather Service
3. The Weather Channel

Somewhere down here - TWC website.

Space, I too am not worried about the weather. I'm more interested in your forecast on the game. You seem to have had a really good sense about this team this year. So, what is your prognostication?

wet ball, turnovers, pass vs run, this game will be closer than I like to think about.

After UAB clinched the west and were nationally ranked, whether injuries, or mentally relaxing, they haven't been the same. They could put the Tx AM loss to being outmatched, but the loss to Middle Tennessee was a slap to the face and a punch to the gut. They will take this game more seriously this time around. So much for uab's mental/emotional state. MT hasn't been in this position in awhile, so it's their mindset that concerns me. However watching CRS this season, I think he will pull out all stops to win this game and he's likely to take risks to get the win.

I'd be surprised this time if the margin was anything like on the 24th. I'm going to say 28-24, good guys

Accuweather now has tomorrow for my location 30+/- miles from the stadium as the crow flies "occasional morning rain".

Looking up!

Reactions: SpaceRaider
wet ball, turnovers, pass vs run, this game will be closer than I like to think about.

After UAB clinched the west and were nationally ranked, whether injuries, or mentally relaxing, they haven't been the same. They could put the Tx AM loss to being outmatched, but the loss to Middle Tennessee was a slap to the face and a punch to the gut. They will take this game more seriously this time around. So much for uab's mental/emotional state. MT hasn't been in this position in awhile, so it's their mindset that concerns me. However watching CRS this season, I think he will pull out all stops to win this game and he's likely to take risks to get the win.

I'd be surprised this time if the margin was anything like on the 24th. I'm going to say 28-24, good guys

UAB hasn't played well against anyone with a pulse , especially if they are on the road...go back to the USM game (win in OT), A&M (beat easily, 4th Q TDs to make it a bit closer) and MT. They did beat NT but that was at home. LT was their only good road game and that was weeks ago.

I feel good about this game...I think UAB will have to elevate and I think we will have to lose the turnover battle for them to beat us.

Reactions: blueraiderJT
Attendance will be the worst for a CUSA champ game.

Murfreesboro’s true colors. Don’t support the local team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT