ADVERTISEMENT

Can't give seniors another year of eligbility....

sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
This is an emotional response from the sports world. I suppose hearts are in the right place in the media, but the numbers won't work.

Those seniors that are graduating already have their spots spoken for by signed, incoming freshman. How in the world are they gonna let a team with lets say, 4 seniors and 4 incoming freshman to replace those seniors, keep all 8 players PLUS whatever is currently on the roster?

It would balloon roster numbers and be unfair. I am shocked these well-paid media pundits have not thought this through further....

It just flat out wouldn't work. By holding up the graduation of all these seniors it would create a cascading, untenable effect on incoming and future recruiting classes/roster management.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Would this apply to seniors on teams that sucked and didn’t qualify for postseason? That would make no sense

In the myriad articles out there, there is an acknowledgement that there are various issues to work through. Mainly the fact all sports have scholarship caps and going forward, those caps in all respective sports will need to be adjusted upward. The NCAA doesn’t usually get things right, but in this instance, especially the speed at which they responded, they did, in fact, do right by the so called student athletes. Well done!

A former college teammate of mine is the NBC affiliate’s Sports Director in Memphis and does the color for Tiger Football. He posted this on Facebook when the story broke and I asked him if it applies to James Wiseman. He didn’t respond. :D

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT