ADVERTISEMENT

UNIVERSITY NEWS Ca-Ching

I've gotten several citations (never had to pay them) over the years stopping by the ticket office to pay for season FB/BB tickets - and got one for parking in the grass before a game!

Anytime before 6pm you are a prime target for a citation

I got one at the MT/Vermont NIT game in 2018. The car I had at the time was the same one I had as a student, so I guess they linked my license plate to my student account. I’ve received probably a dozen or more letters informing me that if I don’t pay the ticket, I won’t receive my degree. I tried two times to reason with the folks and told them I already have two degrees and haven’t been a student since graduate school in 2013. Finally I just gave up and quit trying. They’ve spent more in postage and administration trying to get me to pay that ticket than the ticket is worth.

Very typical of MT’s publicity.

This is where common sense should prevail, but doesn’t. First week of school should be grace for meter overtime or no campus permits, unless one parks in no parking, fire lane, administrator space at Cope, or handicapped parking spots where tickets would make sense and be rightly justified. This version of the welcome wagon leaves a poor impression of “nickel and dime” and really dissuades students after they graduate to support their university. Now second week is fair game on all types of infractions.

A little tact and grace can spread a long way. And, too often administrators find ways to sour attitudes towards our campus.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTTim and Hop45
ADVERTISEMENT