ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB C-USA Championship - MT vs. Rice - 5:00 TODAY

Very excited. I felt like the UTEP game was the best we've played all year - good time to hit the stride. Let's win this thing!!! Go Raiders!

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Things I'm watching:
  1. How do they deal with 6'9" Nancy Mulkey inside?
  2. Will the defense be as stout tonight?
  3. What kind of bench play/rest will be needed?

CBS SN along with all the few normal radio stations and Tunein

GO Ladies, Let's get one!!!

Thanks for starting this thread. This has been a crazy month so far for me. Semi-retired but working crazy hours this month and buying a house to boot/preparing to move a few miles away. It hard to get my priorities right (MT athletics)...

• Love
Reactions: MTOleBlue
Thanks for starting this thread. This has been a crazy month so far for me. Semi-retired but working crazy hours this month and buying a house to boot/preparing to move a few miles away. It hard to get my priorities right (MT athletics)...

Space, you know we all appreciate what you do for us here and you don't need to explain any absence. Just glad you're OK.
As I get older, and especially during the last year, I've learned that many things are much more important than sports. In just the past few years I've learned that many people could give a s--t about "sports ball" or loyalty to their school and they seem to be well adjusted and enjoy life as much or more than me.
Hate to say it but there are times I wish I had never become a sports fan and that I didn't have a character trait which prioritizes loyalty. Maybe I wouldn't feel this way if the program wasn't so bad with no hope I can see for the future.

Very interesting first quarter - didn't play too well and yet we're still up 17-13. Whitson is on fire on offense, hitting 3 threes so far. Keep up the offensive intensity and keep denying Mulkey and we're on track.

GREAT second quarter. Mulkey picks up foul #2 and the Raiders are up by 6 at halftime. Whitson is firing on all cylinders - literally - with lots of 3 pointers. Impressed by the defensive intensity and overall poise tonight so far. Gotta keep this up and we will win.

4 of 5 on the floor are playing well. Whittington needs to come out tho... Slow on defense and bad shots.

I agree. I've noticed during the timeouts that Matt is handling more and more of the play scheming. Rick has taken on more of a manager role. I've purposely looked at the opposing teams, as well as Hugs or Carey when watching WVU and you really don't see much of that.

I agree. I've noticed during the timeouts that Matt is handling more and more of the play scheming. Rick has taken on more of a manager role. I've purposely looked at the opposing teams, as well as Hugs or Carey when watching WVU and you really don't see much of that.
Yes, I think it's obvious what the plan is (like we didn't know that already) but it's becoming even clearer this year. I mean how many former SEC head coaches do teams have as assistants? And those as good at recruiting as Matt? The good news is Matt is much more involved in game management, which I'm sure most posters on here know how I feel about Rick's game management as of late. The good news is this is one of our most athletic teams we've ever had and the growth game-by-game is palpable. I think we're in a really good spot for the future, which isn't always the case when you have long time HCs getting ready to retire. I'm really hoping that this is the year we make a significant run in the NCAAs -- probably the best chance we've had under Rick, at least in a long time, to do so just in terms of talent and chemistry. He does seem in the "home stretch" but he is doing a good job again as usual with the team!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT