ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Bye Week after UGA

Yeah, Boots said that when guys gave 100% effort they had less injury's than when they played with less effort. The opponent was irrelevant.

I think was the writer of the article making the statement, not the coaches or the players. Regardless, we always seemed to be banged up. It really hurts have a secondary not at full strength and not having your best RB.

I think was the writer of the article making the statement, not the coaches or the players. Regardless, we always seemed to be banged up. It really hurts have a secondary not at full strength and not having your best RB.

I think that's called "The Raider Way"

Does it matter if we don't have Thomas when our OC doesn't run the ball when we should anyway? Mobley is a dependable back and West was impressive vs. UGA when we actually ran the ball when we were supposed to.

We averaged 4.2 yards per carry and did not give up a sack. Much improved performance by the offensive line. From what I saw during the Georgia game West could be our best back.

We did run it ok on UGA, but we need Thomas back. He is the only back that can win a one on one matchup. The other guys ran hard, but there is another level.

We averaged 4.2 yards per carry and did not give up a sack. Much improved performance by the offensive line. From what I saw during the Georgia game West could be our best back.

Brent rarely held the ball longer than a second or two, because he knew what we happen if he did. That's why our avg per pass was also 4 yards (which was actually less than 4 if you take out the short throw that went for the long TD). I was impressed that we were able to run the ball against them. We should have done that more. It was the only positive I came away with.

It wasn't improvement by the offensive line, GA played a base vanilla defense the entire game. Don't believe they improved that much after playing martin and all of a sudden the can block 10 5* kids.

It wasn't improvement by the offensive line, GA played a base vanilla defense the entire game. Don't believe they improved that much after playing martin and all of a sudden the can block 10 5* kids.

Agreed. I have been watching the replay this morning. UGA basically played with 5 and 6 in the box begging us to run the ball. They rarely sent more than 4, and when they blitzed a corner or safety, it was out of a 3 down front. Stock didn't get sacked because he got rid of the ball fast. It was a lot of pre-snap, single read passes. He was not sitting in the pocket going through a read progression.

That said, if we would stick with the run and force C-USA teams to cheat extra men into the box, then that will open 1 on 1 match-ups outside. It seems TF gets pass happy and when we have a miss/drop/sack/penalty, we end up in a 2nd/3rd and long that lets the D pass rush pin their ears back against a really porous OL.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Agreed. I have been watching the replay this morning. UGA basically played with 5 and 6 in the box begging us to run the ball. They rarely sent more than 4, and when they blitzed a corner or safety, it was out of a 3 down front. Stock didn't get sacked because he got rid of the ball fast. It was a lot of pre-snap, single read passes. He was not sitting in the pocket going through a read progression.

That said, if we would stick with the run and force C-USA teams to cheat extra men into the box, then that will open 1 on 1 match-ups outside. It seems TF gets pass happy and when we have a miss/drop/sack/penalty, we end up in a 2nd/3rd and long that lets the D pass rush pin their ears back against a really porous OL.

So your saying we have guys that can win one on one matchups?

So your saying we have guys that can win one on one matchups?
Hell yes we do. The play calling is terrible. Once Stock gets pissed off enough to tell Tony to get the hell up in the booth, we'll be better. Also, we won't be playing the second best team in football either. UGA is the only team that can play with BAMA. Everybody else is just participating. That's just how it is.

Reactions: mtfblue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT