ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Butler

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
Had no idea we were making the effort to get him eligible.

Gotta believe that McDevitt believes we need him more this year for depth than he needs to red-shirt and save the year.

Regardless I was surprised to hear in pre-game that he was eligible and might play, to see that he played, and to get an explanation from McDevitt in post-game interview on his becoming eligible.

As an aside: you can be sure if a similar situation occurred at a "power" school the decision would have been made quicker.

Had no idea we were making the effort to get him eligible.

Gotta believe that McDevitt believes we need him more this year for depth than he needs to red-shirt and save the year.

Regardless I was surprised to hear in pre-game that he was eligible and might play, to see that he played, and to get an explanation from McDevitt in post-game interview on his becoming eligible.

As an aside: you can be sure if a similar situation occurred at a "power" school the decision would have been made quicker.

Not exactly. They submitted his waiver request well after the others. Turnaround time was just a couple of weeks, actually. The plan was to always have him play this season, MT just knew his waiver case was a slam dunk so they bided their time, especially after he had his appendix surgery.

Thanks for the inside info; I had assumed that he would red-shirt along with Jones and Dishman.

One positive - now have 3 scholarships to give in next years' class since he will be in a Sr. class with Scurry and Green.

Reactions: MTOleBlue and C-Bow
ADVERTISEMENT