ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Brent Stockstill named wide receivers coach

This isn't a huge surprise.

Lots of buzz for the last month that Brent was coming back.

And, FWIW, I don't think Brent's return gives any indication what direction Stock goes with OC

Brent :

Played in the Air Raid
Worked as offensive personnel assistant with Kiffin
Served as QC control with Jeff Scott (former Clemson asst) at USF

Reactions: Raiders_55
I guess Rick gets to use MT for one last bucket list item to check off.

I honestly don’t give a damn about the nepotism that he’s shown with his buddies or even Brent if he would freaking win something. But we’ve had one really good season in 15 years and even that one didn’t produce a conference championship. And he’s refused to hold his friends accountable for atrocious performance in recruiting and development. That’s where I have the problem with this stuff.

Was always in the works, for two reasons:

Rick wanted to work with Brent before he retires.

Rick wanted to make sure Brent was on staff here during a transition to the next HC.

Rick wanted to make sure Brent was on staff here during a transition to the next HC.

You only do that as Rick if (pick which applies):

1. You have, or expect to have, say in who the next coach is and who the staff will be.

2. You have absolutely no fear of ever being fired no matter what happens so no fear of a major staff turnover in a transition.

3. You hope that when you leave, the next coach is more likely to keep your son on staff as the usual 1 hold-over from the previous staff.

4. You’re an idiot, because a new coach might clean house and would not want the previous coach’s son on his staff.

5. You believe Brent is the HC in waiting.

Last edited:
You only do that as Rick if (pick which applies):

1. You have, or expect to have, say in who the next coach is and who the staff will be.

2. You have absolutely no fear of ever being fired no matter what happens so no fear of a major staff turnover in a transition.

3. You hope that when you leave, the next coach is more likely to keep your son on staff as the usual 1 hold-over from the previous staff.

4. You’re an idiot, because a new coach might clean house and would not want the previous coach’s son on his staff.

5. You believe Brent is the HC in waiting.
1 and 3 are true, in my opinion.

Reactions: C-Bow
Kiffins had a good run.

Total joke of a hire, let your kid make it on his own. This really just shows how delusional Stock is. Stock thinks things are good and teams have just been unlucky Recently. I would think he would never put his son in a poor position not set up for success. Few better bounces and they are bowl eligible. We will never get this leach out the door...

At this point, just make Brent the OC. He know's the TF system as well as Franklin did. TF said that himself. He was effective running it. Who else are they gonna get at this point that would be better? He is the best QB statistically we've ever had. If you're gonna hire him, you might as well let him drive the car at this point. He's never been a WR but he was our best QB. Let him call some plays. What are we gonna do at this point? Lose? We already are doing that. Brent is sharp enough to do it. That is not happening though.

Now let me be a tad more realistic.

I say get Craddock in there at OC. He can do it. He failed at Arky but did well at SMU. He's coaching TE's at UAB right now. Him and Brent together would be a nice pairing and the youth would drive the older dudes to get their sh!t together. If Stock asked Craddock, he would go in a heart beat and he knows UAB's system. Why not. We have zero to lose now. Cradock would also utilize the TE position as well which would improve our O by a mile. Having a real pass catching TE would give us a fighting chance now. Craddock did it at SMU, Arky and UAB. He can do it here.

Last edited:
Brent's wife has become a social media influencer and has her own YouTube channel. Over 270k followers. She referenced the move to Murfreesboro in the video below. Pay attention to what she says the first couple of minutes; especially after the 45 second mark:

- So happy to be here
- Hopefully for only one year
- We're buying a house and doing a lot of upgrades ( for one year) #CapitalGainsTax

Reactions: Bolt_Up_72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT