You only do that as Rick if (pick which applies):Rick wanted to make sure Brent was on staff here during a transition to the next HC.
1 and 3 are true, in my opinion.You only do that as Rick if (pick which applies):
1. You have, or expect to have, say in who the next coach is and who the staff will be.
2. You have absolutely no fear of ever being fired no matter what happens so no fear of a major staff turnover in a transition.
3. You hope that when you leave, the next coach is more likely to keep your son on staff as the usual 1 hold-over from the previous staff.
4. You’re an idiot, because a new coach might clean house and would not want the previous coach’s son on his staff.
5. You believe Brent is the HC in waiting.