ADVERTISEMENT

BRAA sets new record in fundraising

Pretty simple.

You would only keep the extension private if you knew the backlash would be bad because it can’t possibly be justified.

When you have a contract that you know people would be excited to hear about and it would energize the program then you release it immediately, do interviews with media, etc. You are proud of what happened and you tell everyone.

Remember how eager they were to tell everybody about his last extension ? 3 free years for forgoing a 100k pay increase.

That's why I'm not mad at Stock at all. We all would take a deal for nearly a million a year for 50% performance. You could say he should retire or resign on his own for milking the school etc, but in reality, the majority of us would stay too.

The standard level set, the length of time those standards have been allowed, and the deep hole it put the school in both financially and perception/conference realignment wise is 100% on CM and McP.

People can scream fire Stock all they want but this proves that won't and $ can't happen. All that anger we saw after the JMU loss needs redirected at the ones that allowed that to create any meaningful change. The average fan needs to see there is more than just a loss and .500 coach causing us to be in a bottom feeder conference with under 10k attendance at games.
I don't blame him for taking that contract if he can get it. I do blame him for hiring all of his old buddies on staff and letting them milk the university. I blame him for refusing to go out and promote the program. Instead he blames the fans for not supporting the program enough.

I don't blame him for taking that contract if he can get it. I do blame him for hiring all of his old buddies on staff and letting them milk the university. I blame him for refusing to go out and promote the program. Instead he blames the fans for not supporting the program enough.
This is one of the biggest reasons I believe it’s time for a change at HC. Yes, facilities are a problem. Yes, Stock has been hurt by facilities. And yes, #BuildBlueNow will help fix the facility problem.

But part of the job of a HC is to pound the table for stuff you need. To be out in the community selling your program, not just to local recruits & football coaches, but to everyone.

Stock hasn’t done this.

i get Stock is an introvert. He’s just a guy who wants to coach ball. But that may have been good for MT 15 years ago. But it’s not what MT needs now.

Part of athletic success is having the right guy coaching at the right time.

I'm guessing others as well got the email this morning with the new renders.

Looks good, but I think those endzone seats should be box seats, if we need them at all. A large part of me says reduce capacity significantly. I'd rather have 20k and it be full. Do it like Marshall and WVU, as well as Charlotte, with the centers opening straight on to the field.

Reactions: Bolt_Up_72

Yes he does. His engagement is incredible. That is a great idea. I submitted this one to him. I myself would be honored to wear a Fan of the Year ring for a while instead of my class ring.
I really hope we can keep him for a while. Can you imagine what he could do if we won a few championships in football? Or at least won bowls multiple years in a row?

Reactions: ewglenn
is it me or did it get smaller and the end use to be box seats, also how big is it now?

My hope is that they do this right. Not some aluminum barn by the time everything is said and done.

The first initial render is really nice. The latest is going the wrong direction IMO.

We have a decent program in concrete management. Put some concrete on it for crying out loud.

For the young ones or new fans. This less optimistic view comes from the football stadium and baseball stadium initial renderings......

My hope is that they do this right. Not some aluminum barn by the time everything is said and done.

The first initial render is really nice. The latest is going the wrong direction IMO.

We have a decent program in concrete management. Put some concrete on it for crying out loud.

For the young ones or new fans. This less optimistic view comes from the football stadium and baseball stadium initial renderings......
That is my concern as well.

Initial rendering is Escalade and the result is a mini-cooper...

While I recognize the initial renderings don't match the latest renderings, I don't think this is a trading a mansion for a barn. Square footage remains the same (or close to it). The difference is WHERE & HOW the square footage is used. It appears the latest rendering includes a end zone club of some kind. This will be a HUGE $$$ maker for MT athletics and a selling point on the recruiting trail.

From an architectural standpoint, the latest rendering has a modern "aesthetic" and while I personally prefer a "classic" aesthetic to college facilities, I'm not going to quibble too much over that.

Reactions: ewglenn and Hop45
While I recognize the initial renderings don't match the latest renderings, I don't think this is a trading a mansion for a barn. Square footage remains the same (or close to it). The difference is WHERE & HOW the square footage is used. It appears the latest rendering includes a end zone club of some kind. This will be a HUGE $$$ maker for MT athletics and a selling point on the recruiting trail.

From an architectural standpoint, the latest rendering has a modern "aesthetic" and while I personally prefer a "classic" aesthetic to college facilities, I'm not going to quibble too much over that.
just looking around our peers, the sq footage will be bigger than most of our peer schools. So that is cool. I wish the would take that corner of the upper deck and just let the upper deck run goal line to goal line

I absolutely love the club seating on the building corner of the new render. The room beside it is the perfect level too. Bring recruits through the facility. Weight rooms, lockers, meeting, etc. Then for the finale, the view of the field. VT did that same thing when building their center.

I agree with Austin on the asthetic of it. This should be our chance to "up" the look of the stadium. Use the red brick and tan stucco like is on rest of campus.

Agree on the upper deck as well. I've said it before, visitors side endzone to endzone and the opposite endzone should be tiered decking all for beer garden.

Appreciate the sleekness of the new renderings, much of it looks very nice. That being said the original end zone rendering had a nicer football stadium aesthetic. The new rendering behind the end zone takes on too much of a Business Admin building look. Needs to be more of a complementary blend to a football stadium

I’m not going to lie, I like the new ones better. Looks way more modern.

just looking around our peers, the sq footage will be bigger than most of our peer schools. So that is cool. I wish the would take that corner of the upper deck and just let the upper deck run goal line to goal line
I wish they’d get rid of that too. I sent CM an email about that and never heard back.

I also thought it was worth mentioning that they are using just MT and not the winged Pegasus on the larger logos. Could this be a sign of a potential change in the logo? Sign me up for the hope so group.

Would be nice but they used it on the new Murph floor, so I doubt it. I know every design I submitted didn't have it. By the way, that whoever mess still ticks me off. But anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT