Saturday, Dec. 26, 2:20 p.m. (ESPN)

McMurphy: Middle Tennessee vs. Washington

Gildan New Mexico Bowl
University Stadium, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Saturday, Dec. 19, 2 p.m. (ABC)

Schlabach: Middle Tennessee State vs. New Mexico
---
CBS Sports:
Miami Beach Bowl Dec. 21 Miami, Fla. American vs. C-USA Connecticut vs. Middle Tenn.

Fox Sports:

Dec. 24 Bahamas Nassau Ohio (MAC) vs. Middle Tennessee (C-USA)

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Those are crap. It's Bahamas or NoB and that's it. WKU and Marshall will get the two FL games. Winner of Latech/usm will get HoD. Loser will get NOB. If Indy wants one of them we could end up in NOLA. I doubt we end up anywhere else but stranger things have happened.

Last edited:
If WKU beats Marshall don't we get place before them? Assuming we win on Saturday.

Right now, I want a game we can win...actually forget the location we need a bowl win. So wherever that is, is where I hope we go!

Not really.Still comes down to money. Marshall will travel better. They will get priority over us. It would only matter if there weren't enough slots.

Bahamas (recruiting draw) and either of the Florida bowls would be great (we recruit heavily down there).

I don't know anyone who wants to go to New Mexico a week before Christmas. Dallas is a blah destination but we might get a decent opponent.

Dont care what bowl we go to... unless its NOLA then i'd want to travel down. More interested in who we are playing and trying to win a game were not supposed to win.

Great for the players and staff, sucky for fans that want to go but cant. Oh well.

I think its also more because we've been cheated out of a bowl the past couple years.

We could be playing NIU Huskies.If you go to the Bahamas bowl site they have us, mustard buzzards, and NIU on the home page.

Also per B. Bowl facebook page on 11/18 media projections:

12243258_1042336132464752_1868301965808898512_n.jpg

Last edited:
Great for the players and staff, sucky for fans that want to go but cant. Oh well.

I think its also more because we've been cheated out of a bowl the past couple years.
I think the people are trying to look toi much into the why, blaming McPhee etc. It's a CUSA bowl that will typically go to the third team in the east. That's us. The two FL bowls will take 1 and 2 (unless 3 in F_U). It is what it is. We basically had the same type season this year as wku did last year. Nobody looked for conspiracy as to why they went. Order some Popeyes and enjoy it on the tube.

I still say they could improve attendance by offering a two night cruise special which would take care of hotel needs and eliminate the need for passports.

I think the people are trying to look toi much into the why, blaming McPhee etc. It's a CUSA bowl that will typically go to the third team in the east. That's us. The two FL bowls will take 1 and 2 (unless 3 in F_U). It is what it is. We basically had the same type season this year as wku did last year. Nobody looked for conspiracy as to why they went. Order some Popeyes and enjoy it on the tube.

I still say they could improve attendance by offering a two night cruise special which would take care of hotel needs and eliminate the need for passports.
I don't think a cruise ship eliminates the need for passports. My family went on a cruise three years ago out of Miami and we made a stop in Nassau. Once you leave the cruise ship and step on land you have to produce a passport. Same with attempting to get back on the ship in Nassau.

The second part about being sucky was more for the fans not getting to go. it would have been a little different had we gone the other years. It's not blame, I think its awesome... just for the players. The players and the fans have been cheated out of bowl games the past couple years, so now we go to one, but 95% of fans cant go.

I don't think a cruise ship eliminates the need for passports. My family went on a cruise three years ago out of Miami and we made a stop in Nassau. Once you leave the cruise ship and step on land you have to produce a passport. Same with attempting to get back on the ship in Nassau.
Not true. Just cruised there this summer and Mexico last summer and I don't have a passport. As long as you start and return to the same port you don't need one. I even had to take my dive gear through customs in Nassau because of my dive knife and didn't need one.

http://cruiseline.com/advice/cruising-101/all-about-cruising/do-i-need-a-passport-to-cruise

Last edited:
I'm glad that the team is going to a bowl. Good for the players who've never had a chance to go outside the US. Now for long suffering fans I hope next year we have a better, driveable bowl. MAC opponent or a Sun Belt opponents holds no real attraction to me. I was half hoping that with the talk of 5-7 APR teams filling some slots we might have end up facing a power five program. So we get McPhee's all expense paid trip home out of the way. Hopefully, next year, we get something better in terms of opponent and travel for fans.

Need to win this bowl, no matter the opponent.

Not that I am able to go, but has anyone checked on flights and costs?

I checked Orbitz out of Atlanta, and I knew they would be high, but was still surprised when it popped up arm, leg, kidney, and first born.

Just kidding. kind of.

It was $493.00 round trip, Dec 23-26th.

That's not bad. I thought it would be more. That's cheaper than what it would cost to fly to L.A. round trip. If it wasn't on Christmas, I would probably do it. Since I have family that would get mad if I went to the Bahamas without them, I can't do it. :)

Hope MT goes to bowl as a 7-5 team. Hope MT comes home from bowl 8-5. Other than that, I'm not all that concerned. If the players are really interested in the Bahamas Bowl then I am glad for the players. That's about as good a reason as any for the Bahamas Bowl, the players.

I may check updates via my phone on the Bahamas bowl. Moved on to basketball ball.

Hope the players have fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT