ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL "Boots-isms"

I remember him saying a few of those...

One time Boots said that an upcoming opponent's OL was the biggest they would face all year (it was a 1-AA team. I think he also said they were the size of coke machines) and MT had just played Nebraska who was ranked #11 at the time.

Middle Tennessee vs Nebraska

Chip first posted that on FB last Sunday, and it was cray how quickly the Boots quote machine started flying! At least half were ones I had forgot, or had never heard of. As one person alluded to, you could likely fill up a book with Boots’isms not appropriate for a public forum. Given the current situation we all find ourselves in, the laughter & smiles that FB thread elicited was just what we all needed.

It may not have been original with "Boots" but I distinctly remember him saying about a player: "He's so quick he can turn off the wall switch and be in the bed before the light goes off".

Sorry if that quote was in Chip's FB thread, I don't do FB.

Reactions: BlueAlpha
It may not have been original with "Boots" but I distinctly remember him saying about a player: "He's so quick he can turn off the wall switch and be in the bed before the light goes off".

Great memory, no, that was not in the FB thread! I had completely forgot that one too.

Oh man. I'm so going to have to remember that. That is awesome.

I arrived on campus fall of 98 and the start of the "1A all the way" push so I didn't get a whole lot of exposure to Boots. Quite the character from what I've seen.

ADVERTISEMENT