BASKETBALL Blue Raiders game RE-broadcasts you really want/need to hear

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
WGNS to Air Blue Raider Classic Games

Tuesday, March 31st
MT MBB vs Michigan St. (2016 NCAA Tournament)

Wednesday, April 1st
MT MBB vs Minnesota (2017 NCAA Tournament)

Tuesday, April 7th
MT MBB vs. Kentucky (1982 NCAA Tournament)

Wednesday, April 8th
MT WBB vs. Kentucky (from 12-28-17)

Tuesday, April 14th
MT WBB vs. WKY (from 2-29-2020)

Will they have links on archives?

I wonder not only if the games will be on archives but also if the game replays will be streamed?

Just as with the decision not to carry MT games on 89.5 I have never understood why when games are being broadcast on WGNS there is other programming streaming on line. Neither decision makes any since to me if the PTB are trying to grow the fan base.

Just as with the decision not to carry MT games on 89.5 I have never understood why when games are being broadcast on WGNS there is other programming streaming on line. Neither decision makes any since to me if the PTB are trying to grow the fan base.
I don't think the PTB want the fan base to grow... Looks like the goal is to let it dry up and blow away

Enjoyed listening last night and yes, it was streamed. I hadn't heard the radio broadcast previously.
Listening emphasized to me just how much Turnham adds as color guy to the broadcast. Wish we had the wherewithal to send a color guy along on every road trip.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Thanks Space for letting readers know of the replays. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the three MT NCAA wins replayed. (wish the win over FSU had been included - the only NCAA MT game I was able to attend)

The UK game refreshed my memory of so many players on both MT and UK. I would like to have heard the pre and post game shows which probably have been lost forever. I distinctly remember Dick making a comment after the game about the joy Monte Hale, Sr. was experiencing looking down on the win over UK.

Great memories; Thanks to WGNS for putting the replays on line so I could listen (still don't understand why games broadcast are not on line)

And thanks again to you Space, so glad you let me know - helped pass a little time while stuck at home.

https://www.wgnsradio.com/wgns-to-air-additional-blue-raider-classic-games-cms-57210

We have scheduled more classic Blue Raider broadcasts for you to enjoy while sports is on hold.

We didn't have to go too far back for a Lady Raider basketball classic. This year's double overtime win over Western Kentucky was an instant classic. We will also bring you in the coming weeks some football games from the 2016 and 2017 seasons.

Tuesday, April 14
Lady Raiders vs. Western Kentucky from 2-29-2020

Wednesday, April 15
MT Football at Missouri from 2016

Tuesday, April 21
MT Football at Syracuse from 2017

Wednesday, April 22
MT Football vs. Arkansas State (2017 Camellia Bowl)

ADVERTISEMENT