ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Blue Raider schedule 2019-20

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
At this point it's not on goblueraiders.com, but it is on page 50 of last night's game program

11/5 Maryville
11/9 @ Lipscomb
11/13 Mars Hill
11/18 @ Coastal Carolina
11/21 vs Villanova
11/22 vs Mississippi State/Tulane
11/24 TBA (Baylor, Coastal Carolina, MS State, Ohio, Tulane, Utah, Villanova)
11/30 Belmont
12/3 Columbia Int'l
12/7 @ Murray State
12/14 @ Ole Miss
12/21 St Bonaventure
12/29 Rhode Island
1/2 @ ODU
1/4 @ UNCC
1/9 Marshall
1/11 WKU
1/16 @ FAU
1/18 @ FIU
1/23 LaTech
1/25 Southern Miss
1/30 @ UTEP
2/1 @ UTSA
2/6 North Texas
2/8 Rice
2/12 @ UAB
2/15 UAB
2/22
2/27
3/1
3/4
3/7
3/11-14 CUSA Tournament Championship

I am freakin stoked for CBB season. It is quickly becoming my favorite sport and I believe our Blue Raiders will be vastly improved from last year. Losing Dishman for the season really hurts because I don't feel like the team has any Forward depth, but whada ya gonna do?

I'm standing by my prediction of 3rd in the East, and we'll see what happens in tournament.

The OOC schedule has the usual suspects. Would be nice to beat Belmont this year......@Lipscomb will be a huge challenge. @ Murray State and hosting St. Bonnies and Rhode Island is awesome. These are some of the top non-power 5 programs out there. Looks like a very competitive schedule. Will be a major struggle to reach 20 wins.

I would’ve preferred to have one more OOC home game, but it’s kind of cool to have that road game at Coastal Carolina right before the Myrtle Beach tournament. I assume that means the team will just get the full week to stay there.

I’m confident that this will be by far the toughest OOC schedule in C-USA. Last year, our OOC schedule was ranked 5th. I think the next toughest in the league was ranked 44th. This year may be something similar.

Really disappointed that goblueraiders.com hasn't updated the schedule. You click on schedule and the 18-19 schedule still shows up. I assume at some point they will want to sell season tickets and get renewals out.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Really disappointed that goblueraiders.com hasn't updated the schedule. You click on schedule and the 18-19 schedule still shows up. I assume at some point they will want to sell season tickets and get renewals out.
Honestly can’t recall basketball season tix renewals ever being this late? On the flip side, we have a May 31st deadline for football tixs. I finally learned to politely tell the first person who called to put a note in their system that yes, I will renew, but not until the 2nd week in August. So, don’t keep calling both my wife & my cell phones every 2-3 weeks. And, it has worked. But, why it’s now the 19th of September and we haven’t received either of the b-ball teams season tix renewal yet is perplexing.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
That is a great OCC schedule. A nice mix of P5 and mid-majors, including potential tourney teams.

A few too many non-D1 programs IMO but decent enough... Villanova will be quality again this year

A few too many non-D1 programs IMO but decent enough... Villanova will be quality again this year
Looks like around 32 games on the schedule, so playing 3 so called step-down games seems reasonable to me. Two of those three games occur the first week of the season. Especially given the fact of integrating new faces into the rotation. Once they head to SC to play Coastal Carolina, things get real pretty fast from there on out.

Considering what were dealing with this season, I think this is a decent schedule. With Dishman out this season and Scurry sitting the first eleven games we need a few easy wins.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I just assumed the Maryville game was an exhibition. I think they are a D3 team.
Thought the same thing, usually on the GBR.com website it indicates which games are exhibitions. Least they have in years past. What made me think it was maybe NOT an exhibition was they mentioned in the press release it was the annual Murfreesboro school day game at 11 am.

Why play it as an exhibition when the head coach can just call it a real game and pad his win count?

IIRC NCAA rules allow for only 2 games to be counted against non D-1 programs in the years' record. If I am correct one of the Maryville, Mars Hill, and Columbia Int. must be an exhibition.

As an aside some rating services do not count any non D-1 games when giving team's records in their listings.

Reactions: BlueAlpha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT