ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Blue Raider Network

I'm calling BS!

If you would like to see how a network blankets a section of a state you have to look no further than 100 miles to the north. I would be willing to bet that Blue Raider games can't be heard on a radio at locations in 20% of Middle Tennnessee. I know I can't hear the games on the radio in my home and I live less than 35 minutes from campus. Like I said; BS

They need to do a better job explaining how the TuneIn app works. If someone goes to the stations listed above on TuneIn on game day, they will NOT get games. If you use TuneIn, you must use the BlueRaider Network station.

The way it’s presented on our schedule during the season, a lot of people spend a frustrating amount of time not finding the games. This release kind of breezes over it, but it should be clearer on the schedule links.

They need to do a better job explaining how the TuneIn app works. If someone goes to the stations listed above on TuneIn on game day, they will NOT get games. If you use TuneIn, you must use the BlueRaider Network station.

The way it’s presented on our schedule during the season, a lot of people spend a frustrating amount of time not finding the games. This release kind of breezes over it, but it should be clearer on the schedule links.

Yeah, I thought this would get this kind of response, because it pretty much mirrors my disgust on trying to find pre and post game shows before I go into the stadium or arena. Most of the time it seems you can not depend on gbr or dnj articles and game notes for certainty as to where to find the game broadcast. There's no consistency as to which sports and teams can be found on what station.

That article says WGNS reaches north to Gallatin. Driving back home from Nashville, I can't pick up WGNS until at least Bell Road, and even there it's a weak signal. It's probably Waldron Road before it comes in clearly.

104619048_3265116936872586_5668054949660706768_n.jpg

That article says WGNS reaches north to Gallatin. Driving back home from Nashville, I can't pick up WGNS until at least Bell Road, and even there it's a weak signal. It's probably Waldron Road before it comes in clearly.

At times I have been able to pick up signal, admittedly intermittent, on 109 coming back from Gallatin. I have presets for every single station I know to have carried MT sports, and I can also attest when it comes to radio coverage, there is no blanket.

Driving home last season during a basketball game, 102.5 and 94.9 each had some kind of national talk show on instead of the basketball game. I was on the road for probably 30 minutes before I got within reach of WGNS. I actually sent Massaro a very calm direct message on Twitter that night, just to say that I was disappointed to not have been able to hear the game driving from Nashville home to Murfreesboro, and asked him if there was anything that could be done to improve our radio reach. He did not respond to me.

I say BS as well. I live off hwy 96 about 4 miles west of I24 and I have trouble picking up wgns.
McMinnville my azz

Driving home last season during a basketball game, 102.5 and 94.9 each had some kind of national talk show on instead of the basketball game. I was on the road for probably 30 minutes before I got within reach of WGNS. I actually sent Massaro a very calm direct message on Twitter that night, just to say that I was disappointed to not have been able to hear the game driving from Nashville home to Murfreesboro, and asked him if there was anything that could be done to improve our radio reach. He did not respond to me.
Why would he? He knows he can’t defend it.

Seems they should try more than just the mid-state. Are there not MTSU fans in East/West Tennessee? Even the U of Memphis can be heard in Nashville on an AM station.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT