ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Raider Mike

Michael Raymond Moore
June 10, 1964 - March 8, 2020

Obituary
Michael Raymond Moore, age 55, went to be with Jesus on Sunday, March 8, 2020. He is survived by his wife of 30 years, Lisa, children Jacob and Jenna, parents Barbara Marsland and Mr. and Mrs. John B. Moore, Jr., siblings Chris Moore, Shelly (Moore) Laney, Randi (Marsland) Emshoff, Carly Moore, and John B. Moore III, Aunts Susan Patton and Carol (Moore) Lenker, and numerous nieces and nephews including “great-niece” Lucy June.

Mike was born on June 10, 1964 in Houston, Texas. He graduated from Alief Elsik High School in 1982 and because of God’s providence and the family farm he moved to Murfreesboro, Tennessee in 1985 to attend Middle Tennessee State University. While there he became a member of Kappa Sigma fraternity where he passionately led as President and Grand Master. It was during this season Mike was fondly named “Little Man” – a man small in stature yet proven to be a warrior of the fullest measure. His passion for MTSU was embedded deep into his heart and you could hear his voice above all the others at sporting events – oh how he loved the Blue Raiders!

His warrior spirit was an encouragement to many who had the opportunity to learn from him. Mike loved being a running coach, a financial mentor and premarital counselor. He was quick to help – often times adamantly opinionated because of his desire for the best.

For the last 14 years Mike had the honor of working for GetWell Network where he led as a sales executive, but more importantly became a part of a unique team that is now family. He proudly wore Purple (when he wasn’t wearing Blue) and spent more time talking about GetWell’s product line to doctors and hospitals than he did his own cancer diagnosis.

Mike’s love for the Lord was most evident the last few years as he humbly led his family and served the church. That is what he would want you to remember. His warrior spirit and his battle with cancer depict a fighter – but Mike knew that the war had already been won by Christ’s death and resurrection. His “fight” was the daily surrender to a sovereign God who loved him unconditionally and covered him with grace upon grace.

A memorial service will be held at City Church in Murfreesboro at 4:00 on Thursday, March 12. In lieu of flowers, consider making a donation to KidneyCan.org to help find a cure for renal cell carcinoma.

To send flowers to the family of Michael Raymond Moore, please visit Tribute Store.

Condolences to all who knew Mike - I couldn't identify any of you should I meet you on the street but it seems as if a personal friend has died each time we know of the loss of a poster. The first time I felt such a loss was when Jon Scarlett died several years ago. He was the True Blue son of MT president Dr. M. G. Scarlett and an MT faculty member for those of you who became posters recently. I grieved for him for a long time even though I never met him.
Perhaps one of our moderators could add his most recent post to this thread In Memoriam of Mike.

Our friend Blue Raider Mike passed away peacefully yesterday morning at his home surrounded by family and friends. He had been battling cancer for the last few years. Please say a prayer for his family.

Godspeed, Blue Raider Mike. Prayers and blessings to all your family through the days ahead. He provided great insight and was a fine contributor to our board; he will be missed. He fought the good fight and finished the course in this journey we call life.

Reactions: coachchia
ADVERTISEMENT