ADVERTISEMENT

Blitz

Then let’s #E.A.T.T.
I was told early last Spring that Covid would be the “go to” excuse for last season’s mess. Yet, no mention of the drop off the cliff in 2019. Nada.

Time to produce or retire.

Last edited:
I don't doubt the event in the Boro was the best attended. Wish we had an good estimate of the number of attendees at each of these events. A decade ago the program was in good enough shape to expect attendance and we would have enough posters to get a report on the numbers at each location.
IMHO, given the state of the athletic program, we would be lucky to draw a dozen at some of these locations and MT staff probably outnumbered the guests.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
some audio clips

some audio clips

I wonder if the crowds at any of them were anything like the pre-game rally in NOLA 2009????
What a great time to be a Blue Raider.

These blitzes just seem like such a dated concept. feels very out of touch. I wish we would do more to try and capture the younger crowd, though that may be impossible as they don’t really follow sports and have no attention span.

I have a great fear of the future for college Athletics. Especially for smaller programs like the FCS and G5 schools. The direction this country (and world) is going is not compatible with stuff like college Athletics.

These blitzes just seem like such a dated concept. feels very out of touch. I wish we would do more to try and capture the younger crowd, though that may be impossible as they don’t really follow sports and have no attention span.

I have a great fear of the future for college Athletics. Especially for smaller programs like the FCS and G5 schools. The direction this country (and world) is going is not compatible with stuff like college Athletics.
College football is all but done for teams outside the "power" conferences and probably for some lower tier schools within those conferences.

ADVERTISEMENT