ADVERTISEMENT

BkB recruiting

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
Both Davis and Insell have frequently mentioned going after signees for the late signing period. Realizing that both MT message boards have seemingly lost all posters (why, I don't know - except one LR insider passed away) with inside info.I'm wondering if anyone has heard any rumors, tidbits, etc. about how recruiting is going. I need a fix.

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing. I actually emailed Borthick about what he has heard about men's recruits. He didn't respond...go figure.

I check verbalcommits.com regularly since it's the only source of MT recruiting that I know of, but it tends to bring about more questions than answers.

If you believe the site we have active offers out to 20 prospects for next year. I have to think some of these have been withdrawn but what do I know? In addition, before the recent commit from Duran IIRC he was never listed as having being offered and I'm still scratching my head over that player.

One other interesting thing I have noticed that there is a huge difference in the quality of teams who have offered players we have allegedly offered. I tend to follow those with the most stars and the highest level of offers. Alas, those players tend to commit to another school and are dropped from our offer list.

I do wonder, as always, about just what we are looking for and why. We do, after all, have all 13 scholarships allotted for next year at this time. Yet, Davis has repeatedly mentioned going after an inside defender and a wing who can create and score. Only recently had he expressed the need for a point guard leading me to speculate that Ivory's career is open therefore giving one more scholarship to give.

Going to be interesting just who we get in the late signing period and also, as too often the case it will be interesting (and possibly disappointing) to see who will not return next year.

I wonder what the status of Tyrek Coger is moving forward. I think he's served two years at juco if I'm not mistaken. Gotta think MT has been keeping tabs on him.

As for recruiting stuff in general. I've got a solid grasp on FB, but my aim is to acquire some help for the site to specifically focus on hoops. My time is so heavily divided these days and BB recruiting has definitely fallen by the wayside as a result. It'll get better though bare with me!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Verbalcommits.com has Coger as a JUCO sophomore with interest/no offer from MT, Troy, Kent St., and UNC Wilmington. Based on that report I would guess both that his stock hasn't risen in two years of JUCO and that he probably has some academic work to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT