ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Biggest spring ball storylines in your opinion?

I wish we could get a feel for the team in spring practice but stuckstill has proven for 14 years that his teams are typically good for about 6 wins, give or take 1.

That said, I would love to see 10+ wins but I have NO confidence in Rick getting there

Defense.

Offense was surprisingly good last year despite the youth. Should be even better this year.

Our defense was a major problem, and we graduate some of our better players. Gonna be a lot of fresh faces on the defensive side. Blankenship coming back from his injury healthy and ready to roll is crucial. We had some good games on defense last year but we were very inconsistent overall. I understand Shafer likes to run his aggressive Cover 0 and Cover 1 against everybody but I feel like it's too feast or famine. We need some good fall back coverages when the Cover 0 and Cover 1 stuff isn't working. Would love to see more Cover 2 and maybe even some old school Cover 3 switched in there to try to confuse the opponent more.

As always, I am very very anxious to see who will step up on the DL. Good DL's can win you games, even championships. We have some serious talent waiting in the wings with Zaylin Wood, Jordan Branch, JuJu Williams, and Marley Cook. We also signed some real men this offseason in Ralph Mency and Vincent Dinkins but as freshman it's hard to see them contributing too much. I am very excited about the talent we have at the DL across our freshmen and sophomore classes.

If we are to make any kind of championship run, our defense will need to be vastly improved over last year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT