ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Big weekend for CUSA vs. the SEC….

FranklinRaider315

Hall of Famer
Jun 24, 2009
Our conference mates on opposite ends of I-65 have some tough marching orders this Saturday. I like WKU’s chances (+5.5) over Auburn more than UAB (+14.5) in Baton Rouge but I’ll be rooting for both upsets.

Reactions: subkyle
I'm kinda surprised at the spread for LSU/UAB. LSU isn't all that, but neither is UAB as they are barely bowl eligible like us and will most likely have to beat LaT to even hit 6. Part of me could see the spread being +7 for UAB and part could see +24 or so making sense.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I think WKU over Auburn is definitely a possibility!
If they do knock off Auburn on the Plains, I would bet they don’t print up any “No Fluke / Butt Kickin’” t-shirts until after their divisional showdown in Boca Raton for the chance at another CUSA title.

Meanwhile, these are still available at Textbook Brokers on Greenland for a reduced price of $5 just in time for Christmas!!! 😂

33286_f_fl_copy.png

I totally get social media posts, the score donation option, etc. But the shirts are a bit much. It screams we are little. We should be making P5 wins a regular thing. It's like the bowl eligible shirts. Again, social media posts absolutely. But shirts are a bit much. Just as bad as the "participation banners" for the bowls. If you didn't win it, don't celebrate it.

Reactions: Hop45
If they do knock off Auburn on the Plains, I would bet they don’t print up any “No Fluke / Butt Kickin’” t-shirts until after their divisional showdown in Boca Raton for the chance at another CUSA title.

Meanwhile, these are still available at Textbook Brokers on Greenland for a reduced price of $5 just in time for Christmas!!! 😂

33286_f_fl_copy.png
$5, no kidding. I wouldn't cut my grass in that thing. We all know Miami had no business being ranked. Come on, they lost to Texas A&M and we see how awful they are.

The App St win at College Station is still more impressive with the crowd.

The back needs to say "We got our ass kicked 3 times afterwards"

Meanwhile, these are still available at Textbook Brokers on Greenland for a reduced price of $5 just in time for Christmas!

Not sure if I would buy that thing for .05c

Hell, just claim one... Was good enough for UCF, somewhat... lol
Yep. Our admins have already shown they have no problem reporting bogus attendance numbers.

And just for kicks…..I checked our box score avg. attendance for 2022 through 4 home games……….amazingly and magically we’re at 15,465. 😂😂
Another near empty house on Saturday would push the home average below the required number.

It’s my understanding we’ve gotta average 15,000 in attendance at least once every two years to stay in FBS.
2021 avg. home attendance was 12,351 over 5 games.
Now does that mean they get to include away games? Beats me.

But M&M better hope the NCAA audit folks aren’t using drone cameras to do a physical count of actual butts in seats. 😂😂

It’s looking like we’ll need to draw a little over 13,000 this weekend to avg. 15,000.
There’s your BRAA free ticket promo right there!!

Last edited:
One thing we've learned in recent years, solid numbers are never final, instead of immediate counts, it may takes days, weeks, or even months to come up with acceptable, though not accurate, numbers.

Reactions: MarJac23
One thing we've learned in recent years, solid numbers are never final, instead of immediate counts, it may takes days, weeks, or even months to come up with acceptable, though not accurate, numbers.
Which honestly is ridiculous with them being e-tickets now. Idk how they fudge those numbers except like said above, count those 4 BRAA tickets that went out. "Oh, yeah, those people were all here!"

It should be tickets scanned as present at the gate, and that is it. Tickets sold should make no difference. I bought 4, may only use 3, but they'll count the 4th since the ticket sold? Makes no sense. Probably count season tickets for every game too even if the owners didn't come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT