ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL BIG news

Our team should look vastly different for the upcoming season in terms of who we are seeing on the floor.

We seem to have a ton of talent on the roster. If McDevitt can get them defending and figure out things on the offensive end, we just might be a top 3 team in the East.

The talent is there, no doubt about it.

When these three transfers were signed I was very apprehensive that any of the three would be eligible immediately even though those close to the program were optimistic. Admitting that I haven't been keeping up with recent NCAA transfer rulings I fail to see how these transfers are based on a hardship (closer to home with a sick parent for example) and the proposed on-time transfer rule hasn't been ratified. Puzzling to me.
Pleased that one of the transfers has been granted eligibility and will hold out hope for the other two.

In related news on transfers: One of Belmont's really good class of rising Juniors (Kunkel) is entering the transfer portal. Of course, we still have to face Murphy, Hollander, and Munzynski for two more years.

When these three transfers were signed I was very apprehensive that any of the three would be eligible immediately even though those close to the program were optimistic. Admitting that I haven't been keeping up with recent NCAA transfer rulings I fail to see how these transfers are based on a hardship (closer to home with a sick parent for example) and the proposed on-time transfer rule hasn't been ratified. Puzzling to me.
Pleased that one of the transfers has been granted eligibility and will hold out hope for the other two.

From what I’ve gathered, the Covid pandemic opens some avenues to potentially get a transfer waiver approved, if it can be shown that the transfer is in the best interest of the player’s health. Have no idea the specifics of that.

In related news on transfers: One of Belmont's really good class of rising Juniors (Kunkel) is entering the transfer portal. Of course, we still have to face Murphy, Hollander, and Munzynski for two more years.
If all three guys are immediately eligible McDevitt and crew are in business

Just look up Run Off Waivers.. this isn’t a new concept and while you all may not know the transfers’ situations these are pretty straight forward waiver requests.. nothing to do with one-time exception changes or the pandemic.

Just look up Run Off Waivers.. this isn’t a new concept and while you all may not know the transfers’ situations these are pretty straight forward waiver requests.. nothing to do with one-time exception changes or the pandemic.

Interesting. So being run off a team can create a waiver opportunity? Makes sense.

I initially wasn't on board with the 1 time free transfer rule, but I like it for basketball. Not football.

This is good news. If Jones gets his waiver, it will be great. A really young team with three seniors, looking forward to the coming season watching the young players develop.

Reactions: Raiders_55
I can see 1-2 guys transferring since there will be no playing time with all of these high level transfers now available.

Been meaning to make a comment in this thread for several days but life has gotten in the way.

Interesting to learn of the "Run Off Waiver". I really try to keep up and up until this thread I had thought all "sit out a year wavers" were due either to hardship or the recently new Graduate Transfer Rule. Knowing there is a ROW does bring up many questions.

As to Shuler and King, both Charleston So. and MSU are at the 13 limit (MSU only recently with a transfer). Northwestern has, if my cursory look at their roster is correct, only 10 either on scholarship or having signed LOI's at this time.
Could the fact that Northwestern still has considerable room to keep Jones be a factor in the holdup of granting Jones a waver?

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT