ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Benefit to MT?

dukewayne

All American
Jul 11, 2008
While this may be somewhat of an unpleasant thought, but it appears to me that the way college sports shut down just before March Madness may have benefitted MT bball. At least from a fan's perspective, the sting of one of MT's worst seasons ever was lessened by the giant tumult of shutting down all sports.

For a fan of a team, each postseason game would be a bitter reminder of MT's failure to make the postseason at all. I have to admit, sports shutting down lessened that sting substantially. There was no tourney to watch for almost a month to remind just how poorly MT played compared to the successful teams playing postseason games. Right or wrong, postseason games would add a few more weeks of reminders of the frustration of MT's horrendous season. The season abruptly ending negated a few more weeks of bitter reminders of MT's failed season.

Ultimately, I'm admitting that the harsh frustration was lessened by the unprecedented shut down of college sports just as postseason was tipping off. It all sort of changed the focus. A month later when the season seems like it was long ago, I wonder if CNM & team will benefit from the abrupt ending to the season? Benefit in the sense of fans and players not dwelling as long on the losing & failing of last season. While I won't completely forget the horrendous season, the timing of unprecedented circumstances may help CNM in serving as something of a reset for the team when basketball returns.

With this new NBA G League thing, the new season is going to look drastically different for a lot of teams. I think that is gonna hurt us even more with recruiting. Nick is gonna have his hands full.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT