ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Carson on the power of the mind

nashvillegoldenflash

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2006
"There's no such thing as useless knowledge...we cannot trace the origins of a thought. We cannot define where imagination comes from. The brain is the conduit for which we reach that other dimension." -- Dr. Ben Carson

Amazing insight from the world's foremost neurosurgeon Dr Ben Carson MD on the power of our minds and how to use them to their full potential. Taken from the film, 'Four Chambers' by Imanuel Goncalves and OMG Media.

"Even if you have a brain predisposed to liberalism, you might end up with some conservative friends or find inspiring conservative role models who could be very influential on you, and that could send you down a different track in life." -- Jonathan Haidt

Predarat, isn't Dr. Carson a breath of fresh air compared to liberals who say you can't succeed without having government in your life. I'm curious to know if you have always been conservative and if so how were you able to avoid the indoctrination of liberal professors at Middle Tennessee? Unfortunately, many of our colleges today are breeding a whole generation of crybaby liberals (see video below) who still believe they can get what they want by yelling victimization. At any rate, it's good to have your support of conservative candidates.

Last edited:
Yes he is a breath of fresh air, a few of the other candidates are as well. He is certainly one I have my eye on for Super Tuesday. Actually I used to be more conservative then I am now, in HS and early college I was very conservative and a DittoHead. As time went on I became more socially liberal, live and let live (with accountability and responsibility) but am still very fiscally conservative. Some of it is upbringing/parents, all the liberal professors combined together at Middle are no match for my father. Some of it is I worked trough school, and had a lot of night classes so most of my professors were adjunct and worked in the real world. Also I went to mostly Business and IT classes. Probably most of the conservative professors at Middle reside in the Jennings A Jones building.

Thanks Predarat for responding. The problem I have with "live and let live" is it only seems to apply to liberalism and not religious liberty (see below).

It seems that the “live and let live” philosophy espoused by Prof. Richard Epstein a decade ago, when he lobbied in The Wall Street Journal for gay marriage and polygamy (“Live and Let Live,” op-ed, July 13, 2004), has failed miserably.

We now see that the second prong, “let live,” doesn’t stop the horribles. The losers are florists like Barronelle Stutzman, photographers like Elaine Huguenin, bakers like Aaron and Melissa Klein, and a growing number of others who are being punished with crippling fines, lawsuits, sensitivity training and other coercive government-imposed penalties. Their crime? They politely declined to provide services for a same-sex celebration. They’re taxpaying, law-abiding, freedom-loving citizens who also happen to be Christians with deeply held convictions that conflict with our authoritarian government’s politically correct attempt at control.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/religio...and-let-live-letters-to-the-editor-1429124869

Last edited:
I do agree with you, leftists have taken live and let live and turned it into if someone does something they disagree with, they simply strangle them to death. Also I totally hate political correctness. 100%. Hate. It.

"The losers are florists like Barronelle Stutzman, photographers like Elaine Huguenin, bakers like Aaron and Melissa Klein, and a growing number of others who are being punished with crippling fines, lawsuits, sensitivity training and other coercive government-imposed penalties. Their crime? They politely declined to provide services for a same-sex celebration. They’re taxpaying, law-abiding, freedom-loving citizens who also happen to be Christians with deeply held convictions that conflict with our authoritarian government’s politically correct attempt at control."

Amen to that, Flash!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT