ADVERTISEMENT

Beer Garden Preview

MTCasey

Blue Raider
Jan 26, 2012
There was a kickoff event this afternoon for the Blue Raider Beer Garden for faculty and staff (and some other alums and supporters, by the looks of it). I have to say, I’m extremely impressed. Nice job by Athletics and all involved in this. Feels like the kind of place that would convince folks who aren’t diehards to come to a game. Reminds me a lot of the Bandbox at the Sounds games.

I just saw a picture and man, it does look pretty awesome. Glad to see things like this taking place here.

Reactions: C-Bow
Game changer! Best stadium upgrade I have ever witnessed at Johnny Red Floyd. Time to get hammered on the field boys!

Reactions: Hop45
Game changer! Best stadium upgrade I have ever witnessed at Johnny Red Floyd. Time to get hammered on the field boys!
I'm just thankful that the beer garden wasn't there during the FAU game back in 2002? where Muhammad Rashada missed the pick instead of making a tackle on a Hail Mary. I think I'd probably have left the garden to make the tackle.

Dare to dream that this is so successful at some point we can renovate that entire endzone into a multi tiered beer garden type experience, somewhere between the Chophouse at SunTrust Park and the safe standing sections growing in popularity in soccer stadiums.

It would take unprecedented success over at least four or five years for us to need more than ~22k seats for more than just the occasional big name OOC opponent so who cares about losing capacity at this point?

That's an experience people might pay a bit more for, enough to justify the cost in actual dollar and cents? No, but as long as we're trying to inject life into the ever dwindling in game experience, why not dream big?

So are they only doing draught or is the bottle image they had in promo for real? I’d love to have a bottle if they are. Who wants to get me one?

Reactions: SubwayAlumni
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT