Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
Here's my best guess.....

1 - Jalen Jordan
2 - Josh Jefferson
3 - Elias King? Not too sure here.
4 - Deandre Dishman
5 - Jared Coleman-Jones

Tons of new faces on this team. Lots of familiar faces transferred out this off-season and we equally bring in lots of new players as well.

Not expecting much difference versus previous seasons. Probably won't sniff .500. Still don't believe this coaching staff has any idea how to win at this level and until I'm proven otherwise I will continue to hold that belief.

I've got MY starting 5 for our basketball season.

1. Jack Daniels
2. Leinenkugel
3. Modelo
4. Yuengling
5. Blue Moon

I think Jack is probably going to be this year's go-to in the 2nd half when we start with our trademark boat racing that we receive.

I've got MY starting 5 for our basketball season.

1. Jack Daniels
2. Leinenkugel
3. Modelo
4. Yuengling
5. Blue Moon

I think Jack is probably going to be this year's go-to in the 2nd half when we start with our trademark boat racing that we receive.
Liquor before beer. ALWAYS.

Reactions: C-Bow
Here's my best guess.....

1 - Jalen Jordan
2 - Josh Jefferson
3 - Elias King? Not too sure here.
4 - Deandre Dishman
5 - Jared Coleman-Jones

Tons of new faces on this team. Lots of familiar faces transferred out this off-season and we equally bring in lots of new players as well.

Not expecting much difference versus previous seasons. Probably won't sniff .500. Still don't believe this coaching staff has any idea how to win at this level and until I'm proven otherwise I will continue to hold that belief.
Maybe Eli Lawrence instead of King?

I honestly cannot tell you who has played for us since Giddy, Bradshaw and Nick King.
The transfer portal and CNM’s player turnover still have my head spinning. And starting next Fall, the Belmont Basketball schedule just got a major upgrade. The official email from them came this morning about the move to “The Valley”.

I just can’t see myself attending anymore MT Men’s Basketball games until this guy is gone. Losing sucks.

Reactions: Blue_H
I honestly cannot tell you who has played for us since Giddy, Bradshaw and Nick King.
The transfer portal and CNM’s player turnover still have my head spinning. And starting next Fall, the Belmont Basketball schedule just got a major upgrade. The official email from them came this morning about the move to “The Valley”.

I just can’t see myself attending anymore MT Men’s Basketball games until this guy is gone. Losing sucks.

The turnover sure is concerning. Since Nick arrived we have just been devoid of any talent, across the board, season after season. We've gotten worse actually with each passing season which is the biggest red flags of all red flags.

I just don't think that Nick knows how to win at this level. Building a team in CUSA vs. building a team in the Big South is very different. And then going out and competing night in, night out in CUSA is way different too. And Nick just can't do it in my eyes. You need men who can impose their will on an opponent at this level, and we havn't had that since Kermit left. You have to be able to play defense, night in and night out because there will be many nights where the shots are not falling, you have to be able to identify match ups you can exploit, or create match ups you can exploit. You have to develop team chemistry, leadership, excellent bench players who accept and embrace their roles on the team. Seems hard to do all that with so much roster turnover, but every year there are tons of teams who bring in tons of new faces and still go out and win a shit ton of games.

Overall, I think it's a combination of getting out coached plus missing on so many recruits. We have not really found pay dirt with anybody Nick has recruited, and now our program is in such a bad place from so much losing that makes it even harder to recruit....In Biology we call it a positive loop, or positive feedback. And it seems to be wreaking havoc on our basketball and football program and until we make major changes at the administrative and coaching level we will continue on a downward trajectory.

Idiots.

Reactions: Blue_H
I think Nick has had some talent since he came here, and I think we still have enough to be competitive. I think the main problem is discipline and lack of ability to utilize the talent.

God what a depressing state we’re in.

we are easily at our worst points collectively for football and basketball, square in the middle of an impending conference realignment, likely the most important realignment in history and possibly the final major realignment. Great time to be a bottom feeder. Just figures for MT though. Worst luck of any school in the FBS outside of maybe a UL Monroe. It feels futile and impossible to cheer for this university. It feels like there are unseen forces pulling our athletics programs apart. And we are just sitting here helpless, watching it all unfold before our eyes as our hapless “leaders” and administrators do quite literally nothing but watch it burn down around them.

Anyone here know the last time both our football program and basketball program were this bad at the same time ? I started following in 2004 and I’ve never seen it this bad. We’ve had bad football and bad basketball, but never both of them this bad for this long.

The turnover sure is concerning. Since Nick arrived we have just been devoid of any talent, across the board, season after season. We've gotten worse actually with each passing season which is the biggest red flags of all red flags.

I just don't think that Nick knows how to win at this level. Building a team in CUSA vs. building a team in the Big South is very different. And then going out and competing night in, night out in CUSA is way different too. And Nick just can't do it in my eyes. You need men who can impose their will on an opponent at this level, and we havn't had that since Kermit left. You have to be able to play defense, night in and night out because there will be many nights where the shots are not falling, you have to be able to identify match ups you can exploit, or create match ups you can exploit. You have to develop team chemistry, leadership, excellent bench players who accept and embrace their roles on the team. Seems hard to do all that with so much roster turnover, but every year there are tons of teams who bring in tons of new faces and still go out and win a shit ton of games.

Overall, I think it's a combination of getting out coached plus missing on so many recruits. We have not really found pay dirt with anybody Nick has recruited, and now our program is in such a bad place from so much losing that makes it even harder to recruit....In Biology we call it a positive loop, or positive feedback. And it seems to be wreaking havoc on our basketball and football program and until we make major changes at the administrative and coaching level we will continue on a downward trajectory.

Idiots.
You nailed it again, man. 2 for 2 on our football and basketball program assessments.

ADVERTISEMENT