ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL "at least make it hard to argue that you should be fired"

Now in Year 3 of Mason, the forward pass looks like some exotic tool, as it did many years ago when the rules made it far more difficult to use than today.
Can't help but laugh. Mason is an excellent DC but he hasn't grasped the nuances of being a HC IMO. MT fans better hope that TF can be the difference in 2016

Can't help but laugh. Mason is an excellent DC but he hasn't grasped the nuances of being a HC IMO. MT fans better hope that TF can be the difference in 2016

here's some comments on their board regard Middle Tennessee from last night after the game with the gamecocks:

"...We have Middle TN high school next, but as always they look at us as their super bowl, and we have seen in the past where that got us. We have one automatic win left now. MTHS is still a probable but possible loss (see: their decent talent + our past)....."

"...After tonight, media picking VU to win today might start reversing their optimism in even picking us to win next week with MTU. Losing a game at home where you're favored to win by 5 points can set you back a minute. Hope we rebound. MTU has back their starting quarterback and always have an attitude toward vanderbilt motivating them anyway.....
"

For a coach who has zero accomplishments, Derrick Mason talks too much. All this talk about being disrespected because of where they were picked to finish and other asinine comments from him. Dude is a great defensive mind but TF is a great offensive mind. I can't wait

I honestly have a lot of respect for Mason, but I think he is a whole heck of a lot like Singletary when he became 49ers head coach. Excellent Defensive mind; horrible head coach.

Mason has no idea how to handle Quarterbacks. He is Clueless.

bet they missing bobby johnson right about now. at least that guy knew how to make adjustments and understood the path to winning a game. Mason and his staff just look lost out there. I actually feel kind of bad for Vanderbilt because they've got some talented players out there. That Webb kid is the real deal but he's never put in any situations to help make him shine. It's always a run up the gut and then Webb has to make something out of nothing (and he surprisingly does half the time). Imagine if they actually utilized some of their weapons and got Webb in space, etc.

I think Vandy has successfully put together one of the worst coaching staffs in college football. I want to see us annihilate them next week and I think we definitely can. CRS should step on the gas ALL GAME. It will feel like a home game up in West End and we will be ready to play and give the fatal wound to the Dores... last year will have a bad taste in the players' mouths, as it should...

I think Vandy has successfully put together one of the worst coaching staffs in college football. I want to see us annihilate them next week and I think we definitely can. CRS should step on the gas ALL GAME. It will feel like a home game up in West End and we will be ready to play and give the fatal wound to the Dores... last year will have a bad taste in the players' mouths, as it should...

I tend to agree, but you cannot overlook that defense. They completely shut us down last year and then wore us down with that running game. I can unfortunately see the same thing happening this year. If it's a low scoring game, it's very likely we will lose.

If we can make it a shootout, there's no way they can keep up.

Well, they shut down WKU too. Western just didn't give up the big play. However, I think Vandy's D is not as good as last year because I watched them in their spring game and some in early camp and they looked like they did last night. Slow and vulnerable in the middle. Their conditioning is an issue as well. We are geared for the 4th quarter more. I like the setup.

Well, they shut down WKU too. Western just didn't give up the big play. However, I think Vandy's D is not as good as last year because I watched them in their spring game and some in early camp and they looked like they did last night. Slow and vulnerable in the middle. Their conditioning is an issue as well. We are geared for the 4th quarter more. I like the setup.

Yes, their defense is not as good as it was last year. I watched the 4th quarter yesterday and let me tell you - that Swiss Cheese defense I talk about so much was pretty much what Vandy's D looked like the whole time. We should be able to wreck them thru the air, unless they become magically stellar deep in the secondary in one week.

here's some comments on their board regard Middle Tennessee from last night after the game with the gamecocks:

"...We have Middle TN high school next, but as always they look at us as their super bowl, and we have seen in the past where that got us. We have one automatic win left now. MTHS is still a probable but possible loss (see: their decent talent + our past)....."

"...After tonight, media picking VU to win today might start reversing their optimism in even picking us to win next week with MTU. Losing a game at home where you're favored to win by 5 points can set you back a minute. Hope we rebound. MTU has back their starting quarterback and always have an attitude toward vanderbilt motivating them anyway.....
"

I see the delusional vandy fan attitude hasn't changed much over the years. First, I haven't heard or sensed anything remotely close to MT treating the game against Vandy as the "Super Bowl." Maybe the first time MT played them in the modern era back in 2001 or whatever year that was. That game sort of had a feel of a bigger game than most others on the schedule at that time in my opinion.

The big motivation this season vs Vandy this week is payback for the embarrassment of losing to them at home last year. It's as if the rain effected fan turnout which left the environment a little flat which is how I recall MT playing last season. I imagine that won't be a problem with this year's game. Plus, I feel a lot better with TF at the offensive helm vs the Vandy defense this season.

Closing in on 20 years in 1A and 2 conference steps up, playing Vandy is not the impressive awe-inspiring game some of their fans seem to think us MT fans view it as. To me, it is a good local rival. Bragging rights and possible local exposure for recruiting are the spoils of victory. Any other benefits are practical regarding both schools. Generally good attendance for an ooc game, good local media coverage including usually pretty good local tv ratings for the game.

ADVERTISEMENT