ADVERTISEMENT

At least KD is doing it the . . . . . .

Oct 7, 2014
right way and staying to coach in the NIT. I believe the team will get behind him and go far in the tournament.

Although I don't have a dog in the fight, with the perennial treatment of non-power 5 programs, which is not likely to change, from an outsider's perspective KD made the right decision.

In addition to almost tripling his salary, KD has a tremendous opportunity in front of him once the NIT is finished. Fact - during the twelve years of Andy Kennedy's tenure at Ole Miss, the only teams to win more games than the Rebels were Kentucky and Florida. Kennedy's last team was his worst and apparently led to the decision to look for a new coach.

With the newest basketball facilities in the SEC (arena and practice facility), KD will be primed to take Ole Miss to the next step. Save this year, Kennedy averaged over 20 wins a season during his lengthy career at Ole Miss. Look for KD to quickly reach Kennedy's respectable win totals and then surpass them. The addition of former LSU head coach John Brady and possibly Butch "the fixer" Pierre to his staff will make it happen all the sooner.

https://mississippitoday.org/2018/03/14/a-safe-hire-no-ole-miss-crushed-it-with-kermit-davis-jr/

Reactions: MTTrueBlue
I have no doubts about how well Kermit will do @ Ole Miss. He probably would have had better results earlier in his career @ MT if it wasn't for extremely unfortunate injuries year in, year out. Once the injuries stopped, the championships started pouring in.

Ole Miss is going to be just fine. More than fine, actually. Their fans are imbeciles if they are upset about this hire.

This is a big loss for MT. A huge loss. Kermit has shaped the program into what it is today. A defensive powerhouse that plays physical and does a tremendous job of developing players. Kermit was also masterful at bringing in transfers and getting the most out of them.

I just can't see other coaches replicating what he has done, or at least in the fashion that he has done it. The successful transfers we've had back-to-back-to-back will never happen again IMO. We got real lucky with them too.

We better hire someone who can recruit, that's all I know. Don't care if it's high school, JUCO, transfers, midgets, whatever. We'll never have more cachet and we need someone to take advantage of it and not piss it all away.

Did you graduate from a SEC school? It’s weird. Your account was created in 2014 and the only post you ever made is to tout ole miss crap? Get outta here.

right way and staying to coach in the NIT. I believe the team will get behind him and go far in the tournament.

Although I don't have a dog in the fight, with the perennial treatment of non-power 5 programs, which is not likely to change, from an outsider's perspective KD made the right decision.

In addition to almost tripling his salary, KD has a tremendous opportunity in front of him once the NIT is finished. Fact - during the twelve years of Andy Kennedy's tenure at Ole Miss, the only teams to win more games than the Rebels were Kentucky and Florida. Kennedy's last team was his worst and apparently led to the decision to look for a new coach.

With the newest basketball facilities in the SEC (arena and practice facility), KD will be primed to take Ole Miss to the next step. Save this year, Kennedy averaged over 20 wins a season during his lengthy career at Ole Miss. Look for KD to quickly reach Kennedy's respectable win totals and then surpass them. The addition of former LSU head coach John Brady and possibly Butch "the fixer" Pierre to his staff will make it happen all the sooner.

https://mississippitoday.org/2018/03/14/a-safe-hire-no-ole-miss-crushed-it-with-kermit-davis-jr/

Who gives a damn about any of that? Get lost!

You'se guys might wanna think about Andy Kennedy. Not sure he would take that much of a pay cut but you'se never know.

ADVERTISEMENT