ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL ARMY

I love it! It's going to be a very tough game though.

#WeWantToPlay

West Point is a beautiful setting for football.

141122_JP_503-488x324.jpg

Ef0Ov31X0AEST4x

EgDKic4WkAAXUJJ

Last edited:
Reactions: Raiders_55
This will be ugly, that Triple Option with that small front 7 that MT has, this will be trouble for the defense

Considering the lack of emphasis Rick places on winning out of conference games, I expect a loss.

article in Murfreesboro Post:

Massaro still hopes the Blue Raiders will play in 2020

excerpt:

..."If you're going to travel and if there is a safe environment, it would be at an army base. It worked out great. We wanted to have an open date and then play Troy on the (Sept. 19) and then start our conference schedule with Old Dominion on (Sept. 26).

Despite securing a game at Army to open the season, Massaro could said there could still be obstacles to overcome.

"Travel constrictions are a concern," he said. "My first thing is to get the team in and out. We come from a state with travel restrictions. They're working with their government and the federal government. They believe that it can be worked out. We're going to make sure everyone has been tested. In terms of fans, I don't know. I don't even know tickets. Army hasn't decided.

"What’s encouraging for us is the state numbers are down and our numbers in Rutherford County have gone down. If we can get off the hot list, hopefully all of that will resolve itself.”

The game at Army came about after FCS foe Indiana State, which was to play at MTSU on Sept. 12, canceled the game.

"I can't wait until Sept. 4 or 5," Massaro said. "CBS Sports is their carrier as well. Previously, they had Army that Friday night, so they have that time slot. They asked CBS is that where you still want us, and they weren't sure.

"There is a possibility that game could end up on the big network because the SEC doesn't start until (Sept. 26). I do know that opening weekend we will be one of the more attractive matchups." .....

This will be ugly, that Triple Option with that small front 7 that MT has, this will be trouble for the defense

All about the discipline.

Most of our guys are young and most have probably never played against the triple option. Good news is we have 2.5 weeks to prepare for it, bad news is half our D-line has 0-1 years of playing experience.

All about the discipline.

Most of our guys are young and most have probably never played against the triple option. Good news is we have 2.5 weeks to prepare for it, bad news is half our D-line has 0-1 years of playing experience.

Army gave up a lot of points last year. It's their D that I care about. their O can score but they take 6-7 minutes doing it. If we can reel off some quick scores, it limits what they can do. 2 3 and outs could be all the difference.

Army gave up a lot of points last year. It's their D that I care about. their O can score but they take 6-7 minutes doing it. If we can reel off some quick scores, it limits what they can do. 2 3 and outs could be all the difference.

Sounds like they are going to wear us down. I've never liked going against ball control offenses because they wear your D down and dictate the pace and terms of the game.

I went to watch Army play Georgia State last year where they loss. They are consistent with the triple option but there defense was a huge issue for them. Granted it was a monsoon at the game, I would have thought they would have done better in those conditions.

It is disappointing that I will not be able to fly to watch the game. As an Army Veteran it would have been an awesome experience. At least I still have the Home and Home series for Colorado State to look forward to...my wife is a CSU Ram alumni.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
If you're curious where this is most likely to show up on your dial, Army has a TV deal with CBS Sports Network. The deal ensures all Army home games are on CBSSN (sans the Army/Navy game which is on big CBS). Unless someone purchases the rights which seems unlikely so I'm expecting either a Friday night on CBSSN or a Saturday noon EDT kickoff.

...what we’ve learned this year is that Michie Stadium is an attractive place to play, especially during a pandemic. West Point operates in a bubble as a matter of course, and that’s why Army Football hasn’t had a positive COVID-19 test since June 1st. Really, everybody ought to be fine so long as the visiting teams test their players correctly before each and every game.....

from asforfootball.com:

So Wait? We’re Really Gonna Get Army Football This Year?

against common opponents last year... MT 0-3, Army 1-2

8/31/19

MT 21
#14 Michigan 40

9/7/19

Army 21
#14 Michigan 24 (OT)

~~~~~~~~~~

8/30/19

Rice 7
Army 14

11/16/19

Rice 31
MT 28

~~~~~~~~~~

10/12/19

Army 8
wku 17

11/30/19

MT 26
wku 31

That's what
Sounds like they are going to wear us down. I've never liked going against ball control offenses because they wear your D down and dictate the pace and terms of the game.
Uh, That's they always do. If they have one turnover, it destroys that plan tho. Also, their D has to get 3 and outs but they didn't all year long last year. They gave up a lot of yards. Watch the WKU and Tulane games from last year. Tells you a lot. Also, they do pass the ball more than you think. It's all about us and what we choose to do. Nothing matters if we call bad offensive plays and the OL doesn't block. I'm liking our young WR's. That's encouraging. We'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT