FOOTBALL App State Coach may be gone by the time the Bowl rolls around

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Scott Satterfield: a man who's given his all

excerpt:

...Satterfield’s future is unknown. Saturday might’ve been his last game in Kidd Brewer Stadium. It could’ve been his last with App State, period.....

Satterfield on whether Louisville interest is mutual: 'I think I owe it to myself and my family to take a look'

excerpt:

...Satterfield confirmed Friday that Louisville has reached out to his representation about the job. When asked if the interest was mutual, Satterfield said he would consider the option if it was presented.

“I think I owe it to myself and my family to take a look,” Satterfield said. “And I’ve always said I’ll listen. I’ll listen to see what people have to say.

“And if there is interest on their part, we’ll see where it’s at. If it’s going to benefit our family and is a situation we feel like we can have success, then that’s something we’ll take serious.....

He more than deserves it. His work at App St. has been nothing short of terrific. They are consistently the most talented and well coached teams in the Sun Belt, year in and year out. Satterfield going elsewhere would be a huge boost to our chances for winning the game.

I'm surprised he didn't get the UNC job.

Or even the ECU job.

Louisville's a mess right now, if favorite son Jeff Brohm turned them down to stay at Purdue - you have to know there's something weird going on there.

But it's also a program that can win and coaches can move up to a better job, not to mention much better $$$'s than App State can throw around.

Brohm is already coaching in a P5 conference in an easier division, than Clemson and FSU in the ACC. Satterfield will get a massive pay raise if he takes the job, and GT has him as a guy if weisenhunt turns them down.

I’m more ready to see a change in the AD position to change the program culture and of the public perception. Did you happen to see the attendance for the biggest game in the history of the football program?

Yup, Louisville picked Satterfield up. Pretty sure his whole staff is going with him. With the newness of the situation and less than 2 weeks to prep for the game, the bowl game just got a tad more interesting.

I’m more ready to see a change in the AD position to change the program culture and of the public perception. Did you happen to see the attendance for the biggest game in the history of the football program?

Just curious if you were there?

Good, we'll need all the help we can get. Appy State is no joke. We better play our best game...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT